D&D 5E Will you buy the new Gift Set with Monsters of the Multiverse?

Will you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 78 58.6%
  • Separate Monsters book in May

Votes: 39 29.3%
  • Digital Monsters book (DDB/FG/Roll20 etc) in May

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 6 4.5%

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I voted no, as I already own the books they originally appeared, but hope WOTC doesnt take any potential sales slump to mean people aren't interested in a NEW monster book or one focused on just monsters. I'd much prefer a MM 2 over the mixed content books we've seen.
I mean, the book in the gift set is a MM2, very specifically.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I may buy the individual book in May just to have to consolidated the number of books I reference, but it's a low priority.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Voted May. I could use the other two in the gift set... but not at the full cover price for all three. (I'd get it for like $105, but then feel guilty for not supporting my LGS). For now I'll borrow the other two from my son.

Yep, or even worse.

Have Xanathars, Volos, and MtoF AND actively dont want Tasha's.

So the Gift Set would be extremely wasteful, and I dont like the changes at all anyway.
I suppose I left out the possibility of owning one and not wanting the other...

Gift sets aren't really for us to buy, though: they're aimed at either new players who want to catch up, so to speak, and friends/loved ones of players who don't know what else to get you. Although missing the winter holiday season makes that less of a market.

Absolutely no chance with the Gift set.

Digital would be next but with Beyond we don't even know what it'll contain so that's out for now.

And honestly I don't have any reviews of how good the changes to the monsters are. I expect I might pick it up eventually, but not May.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Absolutely no chance with the Gift set.

Digital would be next but with Beyond we don't even know what it'll contain so that's out for now.

And honestly I don't have any reviews of how good the changes to the monsters are. I expect I might pick it up eventually, but not May.
From what we've seen so far on the preview taken from twitter by @darjr , the changes are pretty minimal. Even with all that talk about the races and their niche and archetypes and yadayada, the changes to playable races are pretty basic: add fey ancestry to gobs, trance works different, everybody gets darkvision for the sake of it, etc :p

I'll wait for the 2024 release myself.

From what we've seen so far on the preview taken from twitter by @darjr , the changes are pretty minimal. Even with all that talk about the races and their niche and archetypes and yadayada, the changes to playable races are pretty basic: add fey ancestry to gobs, trance works different, everybody gets darkvision for the sake of it, etc :p

I'll wait for the 2024 release myself.
The monster changes are pretty notable.

Remove ads