D&D 5E Will you enter the Dungeon Master Challenge?

Will you enter the Dungeon Master Challenge?

• Yes

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 55 76.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 7 9.7%

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
On the most recent episode of Dragon Talk, Shelley said they had gotten "hundreds and hundreds" of entries. So either far fewer people entered than I expected or, more realistically, they used software to cull everyone who wasn't using the Xanathar's format in their entry.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
On the most recent episode of Dragon Talk, Shelley said they had gotten "hundreds and hundreds" of entries. So either far fewer people entered than I expected or, more realistically, they used software to cull everyone who wasn't using the Xanathar's format in their entry.
Probably they got fairly few entries: the whole set-up is a bit intimidating, particularly with the final public performance.

Asisreo

Patron Badass
Yeah, I was interested when I first heard about this but nope'd out the second I heard about the live streamed game. I'm sure that cut wayyy down on entries.
I was cool with the livestream but the fact the first entry was a trap blew my remaining inspiration out the window.

Out of anything that could have been fun or interesting, they chose to have us design a trap? No thanks.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I was cool with the livestream but the fact the first entry was a trap blew my remaining inspiration out the window.

Out of anything that could have been fun or interesting, they chose to have us design a trap? No thanks.

I definitely agree it was the trap that scared people away; not only does it have to be a trap, it has to be formatted like it is in Xanathar's, which I decent amount of DM's would be completely unfamiliar with.

I even own Xanathar's and had to look up the trap format they were talking about, as it doesn't really show up in other books at all.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Honestly, that was a stroke of genius: start with something obscure and hard.

Remove ads