D&D 5E Will you enter the Dungeon Master Challenge?

Will you enter the Dungeon Master Challenge?

• Yes

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 55 76.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 7 9.7%

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Yes, although if I made it to the top 10 (big if!), I would politely turn that down and just ask to be put up for consideration as a freelancer for any new projects WotC's working on.

I've got no interest working as a "professional DM" for WotC, but I am interesting in working as a freelancer on future books. So the network-building is attractive to me, the performing not so much.

Retreater

Legend
No. Because none of the required steps have anything to do with being a good DM (designer, maybe), and being good on a Livestream is a completely different set of skills than just running a great game (which includes entertaining an audience, having good camera skills).
It's like they don't understand what their game is even about.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
No. Because none of the required steps have anything to do with being a good DM (designer, maybe), and being good on a Livestream is a completely different set of skills than just running a great game (which includes entertaining an audience, having good camera skills).
Or they know that a lot of DMs have acquired those skills during the pandemic.

Asisreo

Patron Badass
I'm always up for a chance to demonstrate my superior whip, chain and restraint techniques.
Found the drow.

I'd actually like to join for the sport of it but I'm actually terribly busy and I'm not even very likely to DM my own games.

If I find the time, I'll consider joining but I won't make promises.

Dausuul

Legend
As I said in the other thread, it seems like they're trying to find the next Matt Mercer. Which is great and all, but definitely not my gig.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases