• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will you submit a Setting Proposal

Are you going to submit a setting proposal?

• No.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 34 18.7%
  • Yes, I plan to submit one.

Votes: 76 41.8%
  • Yes, I plan to submit two.

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Yes, I plan to submit three.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Yes, I plan to submit four or more.

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • I still don\'t think this is real.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Submit it to who?

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Poll closed .

Zappo

Explorer
Hey, that sounds cool! Even *I* might decide to buy it. And since I buy basically one thing every two months or less, and almost never something that I can't use right away, that means that there are lots of people who *will* buy it.

kibbitz

First Post
Heh, well, no need to worry about beating me. 10 years without a campaign and 2 years after stopping all dabbling in RPG mechanics have left me pretty much too dry in terms of brain juice to compete :D But how many submissions will you be doing yourself, Ashrem?

clain

First Post
A team of me and few friends can likely pump a quality 1 page spec in an hour per one. I think if all 4 others are up to it, and we sit down brain storming for a few days and writing for a few others, we can get out maybe even 10 or more... stuffing the box! :)

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
kibbitz said:
But how many submissions will you be doing yourself, Ashrem?

I'll probably do three myself and maybe one as a team effort with my gaming group.

Maybe more. I'm going on my honeymoon to the beach this weekend. Looks like I'll have some time laying stretched out on the sand to give it some thought. :)

I've already got the concepts for three of them done, so I could be submitting as many as 6 or 7. *shrugs*

Wonder what happens if two from the same person get selected in the top 3? $40,000?

King_Stannis

Explorer
look, folks - just because you CAN submit more than one, doesn't mean that you SHOULD.

there's an old saying in football for teams that use two quarterbacks and rotate them. the fact that they have 2 starting quarterbacks is really an admission that they have no starting quarterbacks. the fact that you are pumping out 5 - 10 proposals probably means that, far from having 5 - 10 good ideas, you really don't have any.

why don't you craft ONE proposal and try to knock their socks off that way, instead of going for the shotgun approach. trust me, if your fifth proposal is "NINJAWORLD", save the postage and don't even send it.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
There's probably no way I could meet the time constraints in the unlikely event I made it to the Tremendous Ten.

As far as what to do with the 7 that don't make the second cut, how about cleaning them up a bit and sticking them in Dragon. Do one a month or every other month. Alternate with LGJ or whatever is in the back there. I'd rather have 7 big new setting ideas than some of the Chainmail stuff they've put in there.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
You really do have a good point King_Stannis.

However, in my case, these are settings that I've been kicking around a while. They are well thought out and it doesn't take much to get them on one page.

The other fact is that I'm determined. I'm not going to shoot for quantity over quality. I'll work on one setting till I'm happy with it. If that eats up all my time, well, I guess I'll just send in one.

I agree with what you are saying though. They can throw away four submissions as fast as they can one.

Wolfen Priest

First Post
King_Stannis said:
trust me, if your fifth proposal is "NINJAWORLD", save the postage and don't even send it.

LMAO. Can you imagine how many BAD proposals they are going to get? I only wish they could publish the really bad ones just for a laugh. :D

Also, and I am really not trying to sound like a jerk here, but I suspect that some of the entrants who don't speak English so good are gonna get dumped pretty quick as well. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads