• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will you submit a Setting Proposal

Are you going to submit a setting proposal?

• No.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 34 18.7%
  • Yes, I plan to submit one.

Votes: 76 41.8%
  • Yes, I plan to submit two.

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Yes, I plan to submit three.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Yes, I plan to submit four or more.

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • I still don\'t think this is real.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Submit it to who?

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Poll closed .

MythicJustice

Explorer
Wolfen Priest said:

LMAO. Can you imagine how many BAD proposals they are going to get? I only wish they could publish the really bad ones just for a laugh. :D

Hahaha, that would be wonderful. WotC should do a whole April Fools Dragon issue for those!

-Chad Justice

2WS-Steve

First Post
Unfortunately, if WotC does get a boatload of submissions it may very well be more like a lottery and thus you might increase your chance of getting onto their short list for the ones they consider moving to the round of 10.

Tuerny

First Post
King_Stannis,
Just because I stated earlier that I am planning on submitting multiple proposals doesn't meant that I am going to send WotC a bunch of crap. I have plenty of things to keep me occupied, I am not going to waste my time on making a setting proposal unless I believe it has a decent chance of success. I could very well combine some of these ideas into a single proposal and probably will. However some do not work very well together. These are the ones that will be made into the additional proposals.

King_Stannis

Explorer
Tuerny said:
King_Stannis,
Just because I stated earlier that I am planning on submitting multiple proposals doesn't meant that I am going to send WotC a bunch of crap. I have plenty of things to keep me occupied, I am not going to waste my time on making a setting proposal unless I believe it has a decent chance of success. I could very well combine some of these ideas into a single proposal and probably will. However some do not work very well together. These are the ones that will be made into the additional proposals.

very good, then. please don't you or ashrem take what i said personally - i wasn't targetting you guys in particular. if you truly have a few good ideas, by all means send'em. there are going to be those, however, who think that just because they send in 10 submissions that they have 10 times the chance of being selected. it's them that i worry about, especially if they put the committee member in a foul mood just as he's reading my proposal. :)

i wish you guys the best of luck.

Tuerny

First Post
I am actually kind of hoping that most of what people sends in crap. That just means that mine, which are well thought out and clearly presented (and edited by my friend who loves editing ;)), are more likely to be considered. :)
Good luck to you as well.

King_Stannis said:

very good, then. please don't you or ashrem take what i said personally - i wasn't targetting you guys in particular. if you truly have a few good ideas, by all means send'em. there are going to be those, however, who think that just because they send in 10 submissions that they have 10 times the chance of being selected. it's them that i worry about, especially if they put the committee member in a foul mood just as he's reading my proposal. :)

i wish you guys the best of luck.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Don't worry about it King_Stannis. I didn't take offense. I see where you are coming from.

You're right. It's not like its a lottery. You could submit a hundred NINJAWORLDS and still lose. :)

Unless of course, they are looking for Ninjaworld. Then we all lose. :(

Last edited:

cbatt

First Post
I really want to submit a proposal, but I'm waffling. I just think that this is going to work out more like a lottery because of the potentially massive amount of submissions. I simply cannot see them reading, or even skimming, five to ten thousand pages of material in the time frame they've stated.

My guess is that they're simply going to select one to two thousand at random, skim those and discard any with even one mechanical error and then read the two to five hundred remaining proposals. They'll earmark 50 or so of those that, for whatever reason, jump out at them, and from there begin to apply their actual selection criteria to get the top ten.

Pessimism :(

Good luck to everyone involved.

drothgery

First Post
I couldn't do a one hundred page setting guide in a decent amount of time without taking months away from work. And if I took a leave of absense to work on the thing, I'd be too afraid my job wouldn't be there when I got back.

Ace

Adventurer
It is a lottery but one with really good odds and a decent pay off.

I figure there will be 20,000 submissions. Of those 7 of 10 will be utter crap and get dumped

That leaves 6000, 10 of those will make round 2-- That gives you a 1 in 600 chance of making the secon round.

of those three will be chosen, your odds of getting past that stage is about 1 in 200. This gets you what, 20 grand? Not bad

At that point there will be a 1 in 3 chance of winning $120,000 and that my friends is a set of really good odds

You have roughly 1 in 6000 chance of making over 100,000 dollars and all the industry cred you can eat.

Better than the lottery by a long shot and is lots more fun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads