D&D General Wind Dukes

Thinking about the bird races and talking out loud, I accidentally mispronounced it as Wind Ducks of Aaqa. A friend heard it, and replied "What? Wind ducks of A'Quacka?"

I feel your pain. The main villain from a 1930s-style (i.e. the Shadow etc.) superheroes campaign I ran once was called "The Dark Adept". It took less than a session for the players to decide he was actually called "The Dork Inept" (😭😭😭), and despite the campaign only running for like three-four sessions (in part because of this!), they STILL bring him up, years later.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I feel your pain. The main villain from a 1930s-style (i.e. the Shadow etc.) superheroes campaign I ran once was called "The Dark Adept". It took less than a session for the players to decide he was actually called "The Dork Inept" (😭😭😭), and despite the campaign only running for like three-four sessions (in part because of this!), they STILL bring him up, years later.
I was running a game back in the day, and also reading the Crucible, or some such work set in the 17/18th century America. I decided to name an NPC "Dorcas". Well, that was pretty much the end of the session as the players couldn't talk from laughing (at me) so much...

Remove ads