D&D General Wind Dukes

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I use the Wind Dukes of Aaqa in my world's pre history as a large influence.

Also go for ancient animal headed (yah, almost Egyptian flavored) races from pre history.

Aarakockra in particular are the progenitors of kenku and tengu. And look! They start with aa like the wind dukes, and have ra in their name.

So I decided to make the ancient civilization of the Wind Dukes of Aaqua, Aarakocra. More advanced than today's aarakocra, but this is a great idea!!!!!

Here is where my mind went south...

Thinking about the bird races and talking out loud, I accidentally mispronounced it as Wind Ducks of Aaqa. A friend heard it, and replied "What? Wind ducks of A'Quacka?"

I cant decide whether to keep my idea and struggle with the voice in my head that hears Wind Ducks, or just let it go....

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Winducks, for all your fantasy window cleaning needs. It cleans and shines! Available from fine hostlers and merchants in a town near you.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Your players' quote is the Secret Phrase that triggers genetic memory from ages long gone, and sends aarakocra into a frenzied rage. Nobody knows why (but some kind of magical curse is the go-to guess). They keep raging until every non-aarakocra is dead or has fled beyond line-of-sight.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
One cool idea I am taking away from this, which is only somewhat related - different "sub-species" of Aarakocra. Raptor types, vulture types, smaller finch/swallow types. And yes, duck and seabird types.

Heck, there's a possibility of an entire spinoff of 5e along the lines of Pugmire or the cat one (Monarchies of Mau?) but that's entirely birds.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
tumblr_n7uq9e3dRi1qgr6x6o1_400.jpg

Remove ads