Witch Hunter

deus pigeon

First Post
Played the game

I am not the author but have been lucky enough to play the game at "ORIGINS". After which I ran to the PCI booth and purchased the book. Needless to say, "I had a blast"! It is a great read and the system is fun, easy to learn and highly cinematic.

But best of all is the community and support staff. PCI with its widely popularized Living Arcanis Setting has once again open the flood gates to this new setting, provided an ever expanding universe and Free downloadable adventures for conventions and home-play.
http://darkprovidence.net/

The world of Witch Hunter is an opportunity to weave tales of swashbuckling adventure within the backdrop of a horrific and darkly stylized 17th century earth. Fun for all.
Rob Taylor

PCIHenry

Explorer
Hello Bolen and Keeper,

Thanks for your interest in Witch Hunter: The Invisible World.

bolen said:
Ok, I know that the author of Paradigm Concepts' Witch Hunter (http://www.paradigmconcepts.com/) Frequents these boards. Tell me why I want to buy this game rather then Solomon Kane for savage worlds http://www.peginc.com/Press/KanePrints_July242007.pdf

Why you should buy one over the other? Heck, you should buy both! Shane Hensley is a great guy whose work I respect and admire, so I won't go into a "why mine is better than his" since I haven't seen Solomon Kane and expect to buy it myself.

I will tell you why Witch Hunter is a great buy, however. ;-)

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World is set in an "alternate history" version of our Earth, in the year 1689. The alternate history comes from the fact that "magic" exists, though not on the epic scale as that found in D&D-like worlds. Hedge magic, Animism, Necromancy and Hermetic Magic work and are wielded by a few.

Players are members of one of the Orders of Solomon that exist to protect humanity from the depredations of those from the Invisible World, i.e. the Supernatural. While said PCs do have some interesting abilities, they are basically normal men and women who have decided to see this threat to humanity for what it is (rather than rationalize it away) and take arms against that ever growing tide of night.

Witch Hunter, in a nutshell, is "Swashbuckling-Colonial-Horror" ala Brotherhood of the Wolf and Sleepy Hollow. Players are able to do over the top actions, such as have a sword fight atop a runaway carriage as it careens through a dark and foreboding forest, battle on top of the ramparts as the entire building is engulfed in flames, or leap onto a chandelier and barrel into a group of minions and take them all down.

Witch Hunter is not a one-shot product and will be robustly supported. At Gen Con, we will be releasing a GM (Grand Master) Screen and Adventure pack (a 56 page scenario with mini-setting). Also, Witch Hunter will be supported by a brand new World Wide Organized campaign known as Witch Hunter: Dark Providence. We've already launched 4 Introductory scenarios at Origins and have a more being offered at Gen Con and Dragon Con. These free scenarios will then be released for free on the Dark Providence website. There is a free adventure already available on the PCI website as well as links to the Witch Hunter and WH:Dark Providence pages.

Lastly, the system is NOT D20 and was designed by Robert Schwalb and myself. Its a varient on the dice pool system and is very simple and intuitive, which IMO is what's needed to keep the mood in a horror game.

Whew..well I've gone on and on. Let me finish by saying that you don't have to take my word for it - there are a couple of threads on RPG.Net that a few people who already own the book are talking about it.

The thread can be found here: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=338319
and here: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=347241

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Best,

Henry Lopez
Presdient
PCI
www.paradigmconcepts.com

I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Hopefully there will be one left by the time I can shop after sundown Saturday.

Edit: At GenCon I mean... sigh.

PCIHenry

Explorer
Hello,

Master of the Game said:
I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Hopefully there will be one left by the time I can shop after sundown Saturday.

Edit: At GenCon I mean... sigh.

We sold out of every copy we had at Origins, so we'll be bringing even more to Gen Con. Hopefully, you'll be able to get one before we sell out there as well.

FYI: Sales to stores have been going gang-busters, so if you can't make it to Gen Con or Dragon Con, please check with your local gaming store and if they don't have it, get them to order one! ;-)

Best,

Henry Lopez
President
PCI
www.paradigmconcepts.com

Ant

First Post
Yesterday was the first time I'd read about Witch Hunter and I was hooked in an instant. I'll earnestly try to procure a copy down here in Australia.

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
Thanks for the sales pitch. I saw it at the FLGS yesterday but will pick it up when I actually will have a chance to read it (with GenCon coming up, I'll be awfully busy for the next week or so). But it certainly seems like a great game. Brotherhood of the Wolf is all you had to say, man. ;)

HiLiphNY

Explorer
I absolutely hated Brotherhood of the Wolf, but lo, I shall not hikjackith this thread. DESPITE that feeling, I can't wait to see this Game. I have very high hopes for WH.

Iceman

First Post
I picked up the game 'site unseen' at Origins based on the good word-of-mouth response and have not been disappointed.
We played two of the intro mods a couple weeks ago (slot zeroes for GC) and had an absolute blast. The imagery and setting is very vivid.

And my 'rogue demon hunter' is starting to get a handle on the whole hermetic magic thing. :)

I encourage everyone to give it a look.
-VIC

Remove ads