• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Azurewraith

Explorer
Tamaran walks around the arch poking his head through it. "Tracks end here" his eyes dart between Witchers and sorcereses waiting for one of them to say the obvious.

Aramalian

Explorer
Barakor fidgets with the signal horn that hangs from his belt with nervous fingers. "Don't have to tell ya that I hate tracks that start and end at the same spot. Does she fly or is it worse?"

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia approached the archway and peered closely at the weathered stonework of it to see if it had any glyphs or runes of signs of magic. Finally she closed her eyes and murmured a focusing mantra...one of the first techniques the Lodge taught. A restless breeze plucked at her clothes, sending her hair streaming up away from her head for a moment like a candle flame.

When she opened her eyes, they gleamed electric blue and the veil was lifted in her sight. Things invisible glimmered, just inches...and a world...away.

(Detect Magic; examining the doorframe there)

Quickleaf

Legend
The archway hums with faint traces of conjuration magic, only barely perceptible, like a fading gathering of fireflies drifting off one by one until eventually there will be no trace. The magic must have been activated between when you were last at the ruined hut and this morning.

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia nods to herself.

"It's a magic gate of some kind. No easy way to tell where it goes, or how to activate it...but from the dregs of magic left on it, it was used last night sometime after our little siege. Seems Old Nan must have known something was up."

She smirks. "Not that we were particularly subtle."

Shayuri

First Post
"I just said I don't know how to activate it," Talashia reminds the elf. "And yes it would be odd, but it's also a pretty big assumption. Then again...they showed up as we were tampering with Nan's things, so she may exercise some kind of control over them."

She shrugs.

Shayuri

First Post
The sorceress regards Tamaran flatly.

"You may have years to waste bickering over semantics," she snipes, "We do not. So...am I to infer from this that you cannot find her after all?"

Remove ads