D&D 5E Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Tentatively, Odvara looks across the table at Elora, "You're like me? Your father was an elf?" It is clear from her tone, Odvara has never met a fellow half-elf before. The cooking fire in the stone pit cracks and hisses, hungering for more wood.

Elora smiles warmly at the girl, hoping to put her at ease. "Actually, I am not entirely sure. I don't remember my parents very well. I am like you. We have powers. And maybe that scared them, I don't know. But they left me here with a wise woman who raised me and she would never speak of them, no matter how many questions I asked. But I must have an elf in the family somewhere." She touches the tip of an ear and shrugs. "It doesn't bother me much, no one here really cares." She smiles again. "But I know it's not like that everywhere, which is one of the reasons I wanted to help you. I understand how things can be for us. Good AND bad." Elora gently touches Odvara's hand. "If you ever want to talk about anything, I am here if it pleases you."

Fenris

Adventurer
Fergus sat by the door. He watched Elora and Odvara, catching the subtle nuances being exchanged, but polite enough to not mention them. He knew some of what Elora had been through and could only guess as to what Odvara had.

Axel

First Post
Kynee shivers as the breeze cuts through her armour and cloak like a hot knife through butter. I am either crazy, or rights... she thinks, as she draws a deep breath and calls across the water.

"Lady of the lake, show your true self!"

Quickleaf

Legend
At Kynee's forceful declaration, the breeze picks up, rushing across the alpine lake. Wind spirits would be more mischievous, a rusulka would try to seduce Darius. This was something else. There was a solemn and serene feeling in the landscape. The rush of wind fills Kynee and Talashia with ambiguous regret. Something in the breeze flattening the grasses draws Kynee's attention back to the door of the cabin.

Finding Elora's acceptance refreshing, Odvara can't help but smile shyly, scrunching up one of her shoulders as she tilts her chin down - a gesture as if to say she is grateful but can't quite find the words because of how intense the feeling is. In her smile is the weight of years and tragedy. The 'girl', Elora is quick to realize, is actually close to Elora's own age; Odvara's demeanor and baby face just make her seem younger. "Thank you," is all she can manage, though her mouth hangs open as if she wants to say more.

When the wind shakes the door, Odvara tenses and her blue eyes dart over to it. Her breathing becomes quick and shallow. The candles lighting the cabin flicker. Elora can feel a pinprick of awareness along the back of her hands, a sign of magic akin to illusion and enchantment, though not quite either. It feels unlike any magic she'd experienced before. Fergus feels his wolf amulet vibrate softly against his chest.

After a moment, Odvara inhales sharply. Her eyes are totally white, as if her eyeballs had rolled back into her skull. The voice that comes from her belongs to a more resonant mature woman, slightly garbled as if underwater, "Who disturbs my waters? Who calls me forth?"

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Kynee's eyes followed the wind blown grasses and flowers, then went wide in surprise. "The cabin!" she exclaimed, moving back up the slope at a sprint. I have left Odvara alone with strangers! The Gods curse me for a fool!...

Near the door, she pauses a second and drew her silvered longsword. Right before pushing the door open with her foot and stepping forcefully inside.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia gives Darius a wry look, then breaks into a run back towards the cabin. There's two witchers and at least one fairly powerful Source in there, and the presence from the lake didn't feel overtly malicious...she's not overly worried about what might happen at the moment. But you never knew with spirits. They could be touchy.

And she was quite curious to see what Kynee's eagerness had dredged up from the depths.

Fenris

Adventurer
Fergus swears under his breath and jumps up to cover the door as soon as the breeze shook the door. He stops when the Cat enters. He stops and listens as otherworldly words emerge from the half-elf. He looks at the other witcher for a sign of the outside, but he could put a lake that gave you the heebie-jeebies and a ranger untrained in magic and monsters and come up with a possession.

"Forgive us. We did not mean to disturb you, Lady of the lake. We are just resting in the cabin for the night. We meant no offence, nor intrusion. We were ignorant of your presence, and ask your forgiveness for our trespass." says Fergus in a calm, clear voice.

Quickleaf

Legend
The candles in the room flicker and dim. It is more than just the light breeze coming in thru the cabin's old pinewood door at Kynee's sudden entrance. Odvara, her eyes pure white as if her pupils were rolled back in her skull, regards the ensemble. There is a knowingness in her features that wasn't there before. A voice not her own comes from Odvara's lips in response to Fergus. "Well, at least you can speak like a gentleman to a lady. Very well, I forgive your trespass...on one condition..."

Odvara pauses with a wry smile that gives the impression she was once of aristocracy, accustomed to people hanging on her words. Of course, knowing a bit of Odvara's background - the daughter of a human weavess and an elven jeweler - she certainly has no blue blood. Her voice is that of a wise mature woman with a hint of a playful lilt, "It has been some time since I could converse face-to-face. Perchance do you have some cider or wine? Even ale would do. I should like to while away the night learning about my guests and of the vast world beyond my little lake. Then, as always, come sunrise I shall return to my lake. Do we have an accord?" She glances meaningfully to Kynee who bares silver sword in hand.

Fenris

Adventurer
Fergus looks at the others, for signs of unease or disagreement. His gaze lingers on Kynee's sword for a moment longer. "I think that would be acceptable. The girl though, your....vessel for the evening, she will be unharmed by your presence?" he asks.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases