D&D 5E Witchlight Promo Video: Ellywick Tumblestrum

WotC posted this short video on its social media accounts today, featuring a character called Ellywick Tumblestrum, who is a bard from the Magic: the Gathering D&D set, Adventures in the Forgotten Realms. “Join Ellywick Tumblestrum from @Wizards_Magic's Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, bard of the multiverse, guest of the Summer Queen & bearer of Morningmist, as she casts Legend Lore to...

WotC posted this short video on its social media accounts today, featuring a character called Ellywick Tumblestrum, who is a bard from the Magic: the Gathering D&D set, Adventures in the Forgotten Realms.

“Join Ellywick Tumblestrum from @Wizards_Magic's Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, bard of the multiverse, guest of the Summer Queen & bearer of Morningmist, as she casts Legend Lore to uncover the next Dungeons & Dragons story!”

Thursday: Taldorei Campaign Setting Revised (lead Matt Mercier), "Tube of Yous"

Have Green Ronin's rights to publish that expired?

If it is Mercer-related, it could just as easily be an announcement for season three and a new book for the third continent on Exandria as the setting. After all, he still has two more continents and a huge island grouping to go before he needs to add more to that world, or start a new setting.

Take a closer look at the cover art spread. There's more going on than I thought at first glance.

The displacer beast's two tentacles are stretched upright and outward like the carpal edge / "bent" of a bird's wing (look at the "wingtips"!), and then the giant monarch butterfly wings are affixed to its tentacles with some sort of a strap system.

I didn't see that. I just thought it was a cat with wings.

Whimsical and Victorian is not my style but I get not everyone wants grim sword and sorcery.

What is the third continent?

From the Critical Role Wiki:

• Issylra: A continent northwest of Tal'Dorei that contains the region of Othanzia, which includes Vasselheim and Pyrah.
  • Marquet: A southern continent made up of approximately 30% mountainous and 70% desert regions, there are few bastions of civilization to be found aside from Ank'Harel.
  • The Shattered Teeth: Not technically a continent, this archipelago of forty-three islands lies southeast of Tal'Dorei, beyond a fog bank called the "Fool's Curtain"

Great Scott I think I have it!

Monday: The Wilds Beyond the Witchlight

Tuesday: Strixhaven: Cirriculum of Chaos and Strixhaven UA

Wesnday: A console video game announcement (Box of Xes)

Thursday: Taldorei Campaign Setting Revised (lead Matt Mercier), "Tube of Yous"

Friday: James Wyatt's book, Ellywick Tumblestrum's Guide to Faerun and Ellywick's Planeswalker card and June's Dragon+ release

I think Ellywick will be the lead protagonist for AFR's novella fiction, the Jace/Chandra of the Forgotten Realms.
Why would they do a new Realms book when SCAG is still selling well?
It's right behind EBERRON right now and above both THEROS and RAVNICA

If it is Mercer-related, it could just as easily be an announcement for season three and a new book for the third continent on Exandria as the setting. After all, he still has two more continents and a huge island grouping to go before he needs to add more to that world, or start a new setting.
The Green Ronin book has been out of print for a while. Apparently the contract for them to sell that ended the day before EXPLORER'S GUIDE TO WILDEMOUNT was announced
The rights reverted to CR. They can do what they want with the setting and content

I can see CritRole coordinating with WizCo sooner for the next campaign book rather than waiting two years

Which means that Wyatt's project is set for October, the month when they usually release either remakes (Tyranny of Dragons, Curse of Strahd Revamped) or 2nd Adventures in a AP series (Dungeon of the Mad Mage).
Or December and Winninger misspoke in the blog and didn't get the timing right
Or December+ because it was delayed or wouldn't be ready
Or it's not a book but an extra fancy accessory for one of the other books, so it's not worth teasing

teitan

Legend

Both Nerd Immersion and Jorphan (the ph is silent) suspect there is a third, unannounced book coming.

Also Nerd Immersion seems to think there is some kind of Critical Role/WotC crossover product that might be coming based on simular announcement times. Perhaps they will be exploring a new part of Exandia next year or WotC is releasing a revised version if the Tal Dorei book (which doesn't count as one of the three new books) in a three way deal with Green Ronin.
I don't think it will be a deal with Green Ronin if they do it as Green Ronin no longer has the rights to publish Critical Role content. Mercer & Co. are free to deal with whomever they wish at this point. The Tal'Dorei book is OOP and going for a chunk of change on the secondary market, starting around $190 to $300. The PDF is also no longer available. I hope we see more CR content though including the publication of the Blood Hunter and Gunslinger classes outside of DMSGuild. WIth CR forming their own gaming company I wonder if further expansion will be in house if they do that route though or stick with WOTC for the Exandria material.

To soon for a third book, it would spoil the new season. I think they will want the new season to run for at least for at least a year before a new book.

Remove ads

Remove ads