D&D 5E Witchlight Promo Video: Ellywick Tumblestrum

WotC posted this short video on its social media accounts today, featuring a character called Ellywick Tumblestrum, who is a bard from the Magic: the Gathering D&D set, Adventures in the Forgotten Realms.

“Join Ellywick Tumblestrum from @Wizards_Magic's Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, bard of the multiverse, guest of the Summer Queen & bearer of Morningmist, as she casts Legend Lore to uncover the next Dungeons & Dragons story!”

thomkt

Explorer
Well, of course. Cause the only thing the over-30 crowd cares about anymore is when the campaign settings from AD&D and 2E get printed for 5th edition.
You're not wrong. Just look at my comment history and you'll see all I want is Spelljammer (with Planejammer being an acceptable compromise) :)

Quickleaf

Legend
No the tentacle looking things suggest a displacer beast, but a fuller look at the creature shows it has giant butterfly wings with some smaller butterfly wings as well. It might be some kind of feywild mutate Displacer Beast.
Take a closer look at the cover art spread. There's more going on than I thought at first glance.

The displacer beast's two tentacles are stretched upright and outward like the carpal edge / "bent" of a bird's wing (look at the "wingtips"!), and then the giant monarch butterfly wings are affixed to its tentacles with some sort of a strap system.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
It's low-budget. But it's actually well-done for its purpose.

1. It looks like a YouTube video--which is exactly the demographic they're going for
2. The young cosplayer is exactly the demographic they're going for as well
3. It promotes other Hasbro things like D4
4. It promotes the alternate covers, so people with more money will buy both

They're trying to move product, not make Citizen Kane.

Great Scott I think I have it!

Monday: The Wilds Beyond the Witchlight

Tuesday: Strixhaven: Cirriculum of Chaos and Strixhaven UA

Wesnday: A console video game announcement (Box of Xes)

Thursday: Taldorei Campaign Setting Revised (lead Matt Mercier), "Tube of Yous"

Friday: James Wyatt's book, Ellywick Tumblestrum's Guide to Faerun and Ellywick's Planeswalker card and June's Dragon+ release

I think Ellywick will be the lead protagonist for AFR's novella fiction, the Jace/Chandra of the Forgotten Realms.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases