D&D 5E Witchlight Promo Video: Ellywick Tumblestrum

WotC posted this short video on its social media accounts today, featuring a character called Ellywick Tumblestrum, who is a bard from the Magic: the Gathering D&D set, Adventures in the Forgotten Realms. “Join Ellywick Tumblestrum from @Wizards_Magic's Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, bard of the multiverse, guest of the Summer Queen & bearer of Morningmist, as she casts Legend Lore to...

WotC posted this short video on its social media accounts today, featuring a character called Ellywick Tumblestrum, who is a bard from the Magic: the Gathering D&D set, Adventures in the Forgotten Realms.

“Join Ellywick Tumblestrum from @Wizards_Magic's Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, bard of the multiverse, guest of the Summer Queen & bearer of Morningmist, as she casts Legend Lore to uncover the next Dungeons & Dragons story!”

Neal Freeman

Explorer
OK someone bit! Because the kind of game I want to play is gritty and dark, does not rely on being a Catford or a Turtlefolk or a Hedgehogfolk or whatever is the latest thing, and because they have removed all jeopardy from the game and replaced it with a kind of My Little Pony version. I don't say these things are bad, it's just not the game I want to play.

hopeless

Adventurer
An adventure and not a supplement on the Feywild?
Nice to know Chris Perkins had a hand in this, now any idea why they didn't consider a book on both the Feywild and the Shadowfell?
Still leaves those two classic settings I keep hearing about being hinted at.
I assume news about them will turn up eventually?
Pre-order something when I have the Pathfinder equivalent already?
"That" might be set in Falcons Hollow and not the Feywild, but it still holds up from my point of view.
Hope this release is much better though!

Dire Bare

Legend
OK someone bit! Because the kind of game I want to play is gritty and dark, does not rely on being a Catford or a Turtlefolk or a Hedgehogfolk or whatever is the latest thing, and because they have removed all jeopardy from the game and replaced it with a kind of My Little Pony version. I don't say these things are bad, it's just not the game I want to play.
I don't know about hedgehogfolk, but catfolk and turtlefolk have been in the game since the 80s.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
is the person in the video a wotc developer?
No, she's a Girls, Guts, Glory D&D social media star, and now clearly a surrogate for WotC (for good reason).

From WotC's page on the book:

June 7-11: Week of Legend Lore
Check the D&D website for more news and announcements rolling out all week—starting Monday, June 7 with this first look at The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, D&D's next campaign storyline!

All this week, join Ellywick Tumblestrum, bard of the multiverse, guest of the Summer Queen, and bearer of Morningmist, as she investigates several stories from Earth artifacts and spells such as the Tube of Yous and the Box of Xes. Played by Erika Fermina from Girls, Guts, Glory, Ellywick is a fascinating character fans will learn more about in upcoming stories from Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering's Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, and more!

Remove ads

Remove ads