D&D 5E Witchlight Promo Video: Ellywick Tumblestrum

WotC posted this short video on its social media accounts today, featuring a character called Ellywick Tumblestrum, who is a bard from the Magic: the Gathering D&D set, Adventures in the Forgotten Realms. “Join Ellywick Tumblestrum from @Wizards_Magic's Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, bard of the multiverse, guest of the Summer Queen & bearer of Morningmist, as she casts Legend Lore to...

WotC posted this short video on its social media accounts today, featuring a character called Ellywick Tumblestrum, who is a bard from the Magic: the Gathering D&D set, Adventures in the Forgotten Realms.

“Join Ellywick Tumblestrum from @Wizards_Magic's Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, bard of the multiverse, guest of the Summer Queen & bearer of Morningmist, as she casts Legend Lore to uncover the next Dungeons & Dragons story!”

They have said they are going to sell pillows if you want a female half-ogre or a (psionic) blueskin gobling as waifus.

HTB15L06XiDxK1RjSsD4q6z1DFXaP.jpg

* Could James Wyatt's project anything linked to Far East? A remake of Kara-Tur, for example.

Last edited:

That may mean that at almost literally the last second, Greg and Shelly were told to not tease Wyatt's book. So maybe the Twitter tease of one final announcement was true at the time they posted the tweet.

I think the final announcement was D&D Celebration 🍾, which they proudly announced will have yet more announcements. Wise cracking about announcements of announcements of announcements aside maybe we will learn what the 3rd classic setting is going to be and some other books they plan on releasing in 2022.

That may mean that at almost literally the last second, Greg and Shelly were told to not tease Wyatt's book. So maybe the Twitter tease of one final announcement was true at the time they posted the tweet.
More likely they wanted to hold off on announcing both to keep the spotlight on WITCHLIGHT but couldn't with the UA

Guess we can expect ASHARDALON'S DRACONIMICON or CYAN BLOODBANE'S BOOK OF WYRMS in Oct
Can't afford all three with Christmas right after. Wonder which I'll skip

Unsurprisingly, no new reveals suggesting Amazon just jumped the gun by a day or two. Probably because they knew they needed to get the UA out now and know doing the reveal at the live shows doesn't work as EVERYONE watching already knows

If there is an October book, we'll find out at the live show.
But I hope not as having a hardcover in Sept, Oct and Nov is a 3rd Ed style heavy release schedule
Too much content means the content isn't special and a book is easier to skip

Ray confirmed that is exactly what is going to happen. So James Wyatt's book for October will be announced at D&D.

PS my Birthday is in October.

I think the final announcement was D&D Celebration 🍾, which they proudly announced will have yet more announcements. Wise cracking about announcements of announcements of announcements aside maybe we will learn what the 3rd classic setting is going to be and some other books they plan on releasing in 2022.
The final announcement was the DM challenge and some card reveals
The challenge is actually pretty big news

As for 2022's books, and the second classic setting, we'll likely we'll find out about that in Jan 2022

Parmandur

Book-Friend
More likely they wanted to hold off on announcing both to keep the spotlight on WITCHLIGHT but couldn't with the UA

Guess we can expect ASHARDALON'S DRACONIMICON or CYAN BLOODBANE'S BOOK OF WYRMS in Oct
Can't afford all three with Christmas right after. Wonder which I'll skip
Yeah, Winninger says in tweet 3 that they only announced Strixhacen early due to the UA.

I think in an indirect way they did tease James Wyatt's book, when they were talking to the young lady who played Ellywick Tumblestrum, they mentioned that Ellywick Tumblestrum was going to be in more then just Witchlight and AFR, but other stuff too. I doubt that would be Strixhaven, wrong multiverse. So that leaves AFR's fiction and James Wyatt's book and maybe BG3.

The biggest shocker for me was that of the two AFR cards Ellywick Tumblestrum Planeswalker card wasn't one of them. I mean they've been teasing us with her all week and we ended up with a Flump and Tasha's Hideous Laughter.

The funniest thing about that is that I can see the Flump getting alot of use in card draw hungry white decks and Tasha's in annoying blue mill decks.

Love the art and text on both these cards. So far IMHO all of AFR's cards so far have been home runs.

Last edited:

I think in an indirect way they did tease James Wyatt's book, when they were talking to the young lady who played Ellywick Tumblestrum, they mentioned that Ellywick Tumblestrum was going to be in more then just Witchlight and AFR, but other stuff too. I doubt that would be Strixhaven, wrong multiverse. So that leaves AFR's fiction and James Wyatt's book and maybe BG3.
Or books in 2022 and 2023 since they often tease years ahead

Remove ads

Remove ads