• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

With all the differences between 4th and SWSE...

Dausuul

Legend
cangrejoide said:
Should we expect a new SWSE 2nd edition?

Eventually? Sure, unless Wizards dumps SWSE entirely. As Thaumaturge says, RPGs get new editions or perish.

Right away? Not bloody likely.

Masquerade

First Post
I believe this was addressed in one of the podcasts...not sure which.

The response was that SWSE would continue with its current ruleset following the release of 4e, but the option of eventually releasing a new edition of it was not wholly dismissed.

Larrin

Entropic Good
i don't think that 4e will impact SWSE as far as new edditions go. while the two influenced eachother in their creations, they are two seperate systems with no intentions or need to look more like eachother than they need to. SWSE was not a practice run of 4e, it is a finished product in its own right. its simply that older edditions of star wars and D&D had some similar problems, so they recieved similar solutions, thus SOME changes made in 4e can be seen as already having been made in SWSE. SWSE will have a new edition when its good and ready, other WotC games will not speed up the process. (i hope)

nerfherder

Explorer
cangrejoide said:
Should we expect a new SWSE 2nd edition?
WotC says no

Rodney Thompson said:
To be honest, while I love a lot of things about 4th Edition, we engineered Saga Edition to be the best fit for Star Wars. That's not to say we won't steal some things from 4E in the future--don't think I don't leave D&D development meeting with a head full of ideas--I'm actually pretty happy with the way Saga Edition works. I don't think there's anything wrong with SE that can't be fixed by errata and still keep the game 100% compatible with all its rulebooks. If it's up to me, Saga Edition will be THE edition for the foreseeable future.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads