D&D 5E With Fizban's and now Bigby's, what other groups do you think we'll see with their own books?

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
With the reintroduction of the division between Divine, Arcane, and Primal magic types in the new D&D play test, I would love to see a plant/beast book that delves into the themes of the Primal, maybe even bring back Primal Spirits as higher level beats/plant creature types that can be encountered/fought.

I also really, REALLY want a Celestial book.

"With Fizban's and now Bigby's, what other groups do you think we'll see with their own books?"

Is that the question?

Or is the better question ...

With Mordenkainen, Tasha, and now Bigby, who will be the next Greyhawk personage to have a book?

Tenser? Melf? Eclavdra? Bucknard? Rexfelis? Evard? Otiluke? Robilar?

#GREYHAWKCONFIRMED!
Iuz's book of the Deranged

Laurefindel

Legend
King Obould's Cookbook of Elves

A book describing elves of ALL varieties, narrated by the orcish warlord Obould (and punctuated by suggestions of ales and herbs that marries best with each sub-group).

Joke aside, a book on undead and fey seems logical continuation. A book on contructs (and how they are made) would be immensely interesting, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Teemu

Hero
Aberrations absolutely. It's been almost 20 years since Lords of Madness. 4e never got an aberrations focused book. Mind flayers and beholders are much too iconic for them not to get a book of their own in 5e.

Argyle King

Legend
I think it would be cool of a book was written from a villain's point of view.

🤷‍♂️ Maybe a famous Mindflayer chef, describing humanoids and the different flavors of brain 🧠

Stormonu

Legend
Back in 3E it was
Draconomicon - dragons
Libre Mortis
- undead
Lords of Madness - aberrations
Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss - demons
Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells - devils
Drow of the Underdark - drow

I could see all these back in 5E, though Drow would probably now be a subsection of Feywild/Elf book.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I’d love something along the lines of the 4e primal spirits, which the recent UA has hinted at.

A book of Fey, and Shadow beings, also.

Remove ads