• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizard Feature: Staff of Defense

Falstaff

First Post
Hello,

For my human Wizard I chose Staff of Defense for my Arcane Implement Mastery.

Does the once per encounter (immediate interrupt) bonus to defense against one attack equal to my Con modifier help protect me from any attack? Even attacks that target my Will defense?

Thanks.

Ravingdork

Explorer
Hello,

For my human Wizard I chose Staff of Defense for my Arcane Implement Mastery.

Does the once per encounter (immediate interrupt) bonus to defense against one attack equal to my Con modifier help protect me from any attack? Even attacks that target my Will defense?

Thanks.

Yes.

senorcoo

First Post
It gives a +1 bonus to AC normally and the encounter power is a bonus to defense against one attack. That says to me that it is against any attack that targets a Defense.

Mentat55

First Post
Hehe, for some reason the fact that someone with the user name Falstaff was asking a question about Staff of Defense made me laugh.

Ok, on to the question. In 4E, the term "defense" = AC, Fort, Ref, and/or Will. I am still getting used to it myself, but it is starting to sink in :)

Remove ads