Wizard Names

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I noted in class, one day, that there were a number of people with odd names. I wrote them down, and now I use them for some of my PbP characters.

StupidSmurf

First Post
Mark Chance said:
Silly names are really the best. I recommend Zot! the Electrocutioner. Or maybe Melbrinionsadsazzersteldregandishfeltselior.

:D

Called "Mel" for short? :)

I reserve silly names for my gnome NPCs. My favorite is:

Chuckoblottotarquinwimbimtimlimberstopftangftangolebiscuitbarrelassclown...the Fourth.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Originally Posted by Mark Chance
Silly names are really the best. I recommend Zot! the Electrocutioner. Or maybe Melbrinionsadsazzersteldregandishfeltselior.

Called "Mel" for short?

Not neccessarily, I'm thinking.

If the PC is a hot elf chick, perhaps she'd be called "Dish," from "Melbrinionsadsazzersteldregandishfeltselior" (emphasis mine). ;)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
And, as Zander implies...there are LOTS of good names floating around on the posters of EN World and other boards. Check 'em out!

Other sources: Buy a baby names book- often you'll find other cultural versions of common names that simply sound great, or you'll find names that sound common, but have really cool backgrounds.

Example: Tyrone- popular among my people (blacks), is rooted in ancient Latin (tyrannus) and from Greek (tyrannos)..."King" or "Usurper," depending on to whom you talk. "Tyr" was, as many of us know, a Norse divinity associated with law and war.

That in mind, one of my earlier PCs (back in the 1970s) was Tyrus Archon (another Greek-derived word for "ruler")...this guy was OBVIOUSLY destined for greatness.

Open the baby names book at random, point and choose. You may find the name you're looking for, or you may find its roots to be even more compelling.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Dannyalcatraz said:
And, as Zander implies...there are LOTS of good names floating around on the posters of EN World and other boards. Check 'em out!

I've had an Evil Psionic Warforged named Cor Azer; a cleric/monk named Theryn of Nowhere; and a Shadow Rogue named Wolf-Spider, all courtesy of previous ENWorlders. :)

the Jester

Legend
A couple cool names from my campaign (or past campaigns):

Lady Xastys
Koleta Deathcloud
Ahrim Delancy
Fadros Foeflayer
Thimbleton (a gnome, natch)
Malford the Magnificent (later God-King Malford the Magnificent)
Dzaram the Lich
E-Krektor

shilsen

Adventurer
Henry said:
I've had an Evil Psionic Warforged named Cor Azer; a cleric/monk named Theryn of Nowhere; and a Shadow Rogue named Wolf-Spider, all courtesy of previous ENWorlders. :)
I've used character names from ENWorld story hours more than actual poster names, but I did have a Henry once. All you, baby ;)!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I once ran a female Elf Ftr/Mu known as the Harlequin (she dressed as one). Super high Int & Cha...attitude to spare (once insulted a dragon to get his attention)...her "Bauble" (the staff that a court jester would carry) was a disguised club.

And she just as easily could have been called "The Jester." ;)

Heck...look at THIS thread: Zander, Luke Lightning, (Mark) Chance and many others are IDEAL!

Henry

Autoexreginated
shilsen said:
I've used character names from ENWorld story hours more than actual poster names, but I did have a Henry once. All you, baby ;)!

Piratecat promised me that one of the undead Skaven ghouls in his campaign with the Defenders would be named Henryk. I was honored to be killed by the best. :)

Remove ads