• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards' boards down?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Or is it just me?

And, equally strange - how come these boards aren't down?

Last edited:

Actually, if you just go straight to their main page of the messageboards (not just the D&D pages, but the whole general page), you would've seen an announcement that they're taking down the boards for a couple days to update them. They seem to do this annually, don't they? I'm going to wager that it's not going to go back up until March at earliest.

It makes perfect sense! What do the ENBoards have to do with the price of tea in China? Let me tell you. . . .

Well, you see, Wizards of the Coast has always had close ties with Japanese entertainment, ever since they bought rights to sell Pokemon cards here in America. We all know that Japan's economy is suffering slightly, which explains why they weren't able to host the Winter Olympics again this year. Now, if you recall, people think that the Chinese judges for this year's Olympic Figureskating competition were being biased, and as we all know, China is host to a great variety of teas. This shame to their judging abilities will cause fewer international groups to want to buy Chinese tea, thus reducing demand and reducing price.

Additionally, we also all know that:

a) the British love their teas,

b) Morrus is British, and

c) Morrus doesn't watch the Olympics, and finally

d) previously the ENBoards were very sluggish and hard to use.

Thus, we can extrapolate that because the price of tea in China is decreasing, Morrus is able to buy more tea, thus relaxing him more. Since he isn't busy watching the Olympics, and thus not being distracted by the scandal, he had the free time and eager energy to psychically fix the boards himself. Finally, since WotC's boards are down, Wizards stopped blackmailing the Customer Service folks at UBB, which allowed them to finally get around to fixing these boards.

So, I mean, we should all thank WotC for closing their boards for a day. We should show our gratitude by buying their upcoming "Thrills and Chills: A Guidebook for the Summer and Winter Olympics."

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
... none of that horrible iced tea crap, though.

Damn Yankee! (Sorry, obligatory response from a southerner hearing an ill comment towards iced tea... Come to think of it, I don't even like it.)

Another idea about the polls, would be to only allow them in a special "Poll" forum. Admittedly, the forum would never recieve any traffic, and you would eventually just close it down; but, hey, that just gives you an excuse to ban polls without really banning them.

Remove ads