D&D General Wizards of the Coast has its biggest Quarter Ever, with D&D down a smidge. From Comicbook.com

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I guess. I mean it started as a licensed property and then WotC bought the dev. So sure.

But it still seems strange to tie the TTRPG quarterlies to not TTRPG releases. Shouldn't WotC have a video game division instead?
The Magic games are under Magic, the D&D games are under D&D, and the other video games (that Austin studio) are their own group

Last edited:

Jer

Legend
Supporter
I guess. I mean it started as a licensed property and then WotC bought the dev. So sure.

But it still seems strange to tie the TTRPG quarterlies to not TTRPG releases. Shouldn't WotC have a video game division instead?
It's the structure of a brand management company not a ttrpg company. The investors care about the brand, not the game, because the overall brand is what they care about performing.

It's the same with Marvel and DC and Hasbro and any other giant entertainment company that has moved into shepherding existing brands - their core financial reporting will be on brand performance broken down into specifics from there because what they're selling to investors is the strengths of the brands they manage.

Reynard

Legend
It's the structure of a brand management company not a ttrpg company. The investors care about the brand, not the game, because the overall brand is what they care about performing.

It's the same with Marvel and DC and Hasbro and any other giant entertainment company that has moved into shepherding existing brands - their core financial reporting will be on brand performance broken down into specifics from there because what they're selling to investors is the strengths of the brands they manage.
So when the D&D movie tanks they are going to act like D&D is dying and we'll get a rushed 6E. Nice.

darjr

I crit!
I wish this info was available for the ttrpg alone — the D&D brand could be doing well or poorly overall, with the ttrpg itself doing the opposite.
Yea. Do they break it out more in the details that go with the call? Dint they send a document?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases