D&D (2024) Wizards Presents show on August 18th! Update: WotC announces guests and time.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
I think they make excellent villains, so lets round up some heroes and take the fight to them!
Well, not meaning to give spoilers (though this is technically something revealed in a recent book, I guess)...

It would help a lot if the heroes specifically rounded up for fighting them didn't get "compleated" and/or murder other allied heroes. Because that's literally what happened. Ajani Goldmane apparently got compleated off-screen, and killed Jaya Ballard thereafter. So one of the people shown in this image is dead, another has been forcibly corrupted and turned into one of the horrific religio-fascist torture-fetishists, and the third is the leader of the religio-fascist torture-fetishists.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I thought we got "glitchlings"? ;););)

Yeah, and there's been steady stream of modron pre-painted plastic miniatures, and even a Nameless One mini IIRC.
They copped to it readily enough though. Just long enough to maintain plausible deniability to August 18th, perhaps?

JEB

Legend
And sorry for slightly derailing the topic @darjr, but for all those in the know about MtG's upcoming storylines, I've got a question: From what I understand, the next four upcoming sets will be MtG's big, multiverse-spanning metaplot. Dominaria United returns to MtG's first plane, Brothers' War is less about a specific plane and more about an "event" (that's what the set descriptions say), and we don't know what the last two sets will be. From what people are saying, a multiversal battle that requires time travel to undo some stuff might be in the works.

With that in mind, how likely do you think it is for MtG's multiverse to reimagined in a way that better meshes with D&D's planar rules? Could we get one, massive inter-game multiverse for maximum cash milking in the near future?
It would be interesting if they did a Crisis on Infinite Earths, and had some multiversal event that combined together the D&D and MTG multiverses into some new, rebooted cosmology with elements of both.

Of course, I also think that would make a lot of MTG and D&D fans rather cross, and they have to know that...

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
How many face cards?!?
Just one.
s-l500.jpg

Scribe

Legend
Well, not meaning to give spoilers (though this is technically something revealed in a recent book, I guess)...

It would help a lot if the heroes specifically rounded up for fighting them didn't get "compleated" and/or murder other allied heroes. Because that's literally what happened. Ajani Goldmane apparently got compleated off-screen, and killed Jaya Ballard thereafter. So one of the people shown in this image is dead, another has been forcibly corrupted and turned into one of the horrific religio-fascist torture-fetishists, and the third is the leader of the religio-fascist torture-fetishists.
Really?! What book? RW Ajani was best Ajani.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It would be interesting if they did a Crisis on Infinite Earths, and had some multiversal event that combined together the D&D and MTG multiverses into some new, rebooted cosmology with elements of both.

Of course, I also think that would make a lot of MTG and D&D fans rather cross, and they have to know that...
I mean, how many would be cross, how many would be excited, and how many would neither notice nor care?

Remove ads