• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizard's Presents: Worlds and Monsters - Info on new and old settings?

Voss

First Post
Dire Bare said:
Fiasco, huh? Only if hyperbole is a regular part of your diet.

Not really. It wasn't necessarily bad for us, or necessarily for WotC (since it generated a fair amount of buzz for the book), but it is the type of thing that people lose jobs over and get slapped by lawsuits. Essentially, somewhere along the publisher-distributor-store line, someone lost control of the product. It isn't that big of a deal with a relatively minor product like this, but if it happens with the core books, there almost certainly will be legal action and investigations.

Also, I'm not sure when it happened (it might be post release), but there are other copies where they shouldn't be.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Voss said:
Not really. It wasn't necessarily bad for us, or necessarily for WotC (since it generated a fair amount of buzz for the book), but it is the type of thing that people lose jobs over and get slapped by lawsuits.
Not in any business I've worked for, and I've worked for some highly secretive companies.

Stuff arrives at different times in different parts of the world. Foreign vendors don't really care that much about the official release date for niche products.

It's not the end of the world. I'm sure WotC is plenty happy with getting any Hungarian revenue at all and the worst thing that came out of it is ... people discussed the book, which was the whole point of the exercise.

Mirtek

Hero
Hm, maybe WotC should start working on 5th edition and soon as they're done with working on 4th edition and hencefort live solely from the sale of "Making of" preview books.

Last edited:

Wolfwood2

Explorer
Ragnar69 said:
Save or die, dude, save or die.

3.5 Disintegrate is actually "save or take a lot of hitpoint damage which might cause you to die".

That seems oretty much in line with 4E's design philosophy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads