D&D 5E WizKids Announces Largest Tiamat Miniature Ever

The largest official Tiamat miniature ever at nearly 15 inches tall and nearly 30 inches wide, is coming this September from WizKids, according to IGN. https://www.ign.com/articles/dungeons-dragons-massive-tiamat-miniature-announced-largest-wizkids-miniature-ever Slated to hit store shelves in September of this year and available for pre-order in the WizKids online shop, the miniature will...

The largest official Tiamat miniature ever at nearly 15 inches tall and nearly 30 inches wide, is coming this September from WizKids, according to IGN.

Slated to hit store shelves in September of this year and available for pre-order in the WizKids online shop, the miniature will be priced "under $400" with more details to come, and tower over your player characters, monster miniatures, most of your terrain pieces, and likely some small pets at 28.9 inches (73.4 cm) wide, 14.6 inches (37.1 cm) tall, and 16.8 inches (42.8 cm) long, supported by a 200mm clear round base. This new miniature will be the largest officially licensed, playable representation of the classic Dungeons & Dragons antagonist since her earliest incarnation by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax back in 1975.

1617036387570.png

dave2008

Legend
As you said, i dont like the red dragon head as it doesnt follow the 3/4/5e art. same with the white (which is closer to the pathfinder art). the blue and black are close to D&D art (Black horns need to be longer). And green is kinda generic and has been in the art as well so its kinda ok. I plan to resculpt/design the red head, extend the black horns and maybe change the white BUT since seeing the wizkids one, i may attempt something more crazy. extend body so its a bit longer, widen as well by splitting it and expanding it outward as well, extending the tail and change the positions of the heads to closer follow the tiamat art since 3e.
After looking at it some more, I think I too will split and widen the model. The body seems a bit narrow for those 5 massive heads and necks. I will probably beef up the legs a bit as they are probably a bit undersized as well. I think with that I will probably also add the 2nd pair of wings and two additional tails of the other 3d printed tiamat I posted. I like that 3 tails + 2 pairs of wings = 5. I think I can carry the colors / themes of the necks into the wings and tails.

dave2008

Legend
Has anyone seen this before? Just stumbled on it after finding this thread?

Though I love the sculpt, at $1,400.00 it is a bit pricey for my blood. It is pretty impressive though at 22" all most 2x as large as the Mal Dakar ( and both are on a rock base in standing pose).
1626997117676.png

1626997148432.png

1626997171863.png

dave2008

Legend
Wake me up when September ends ... oh wait, it's almost end of October. I want my Tiamat :.-(

Let's keep fingers crossed it will at least get shipped in 2021 still :rant:
Last time I checked their website it said it would ship in Oct. Of course we are running out of Oct. dates!

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads