D&D 5E WizKids Announces Largest Tiamat Miniature Ever

The largest official Tiamat miniature ever at nearly 15 inches tall and nearly 30 inches wide, is coming this September from WizKids, according to IGN.

Slated to hit store shelves in September of this year and available for pre-order in the WizKids online shop, the miniature will be priced "under $400" with more details to come, and tower over your player characters, monster miniatures, most of your terrain pieces, and likely some small pets at 28.9 inches (73.4 cm) wide, 14.6 inches (37.1 cm) tall, and 16.8 inches (42.8 cm) long, supported by a 200mm clear round base. This new miniature will be the largest officially licensed, playable representation of the classic Dungeons & Dragons antagonist since her earliest incarnation by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax back in 1975.

1617036387570.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Undrave

Legend
But it is lacking 2 heads and 2 legs and of course the look, though great, is not Tiamat.
Point is I've seen figures with that kind of craftsmanship with articulation for that price. Maybe it's the toy geek in me but I'm just not impressed by statues that don't DO anything.Heck, considering this thing isn't cast as a single piece, they could have easily put some big balljoints at the base of the necks and wings to add a small ammount of customizability to the look. You're probably gonna have to snap some pointing bi into place out of the box too, no way this thing ships with the wings attached I bet.

Dire Bare

Legend
Point is I've seen figures with that kind of craftsmanship with articulation for that price. Maybe it's the toy geek in me but I'm just not impressed by statues that don't DO anything.Heck, considering this thing isn't cast as a single piece, they could have easily put some big balljoints at the base of the necks and wings to add a small ammount of customizability to the look. You're probably gonna have to snap some pointing bi into place out of the box too, no way this thing ships with the wings attached I bet.
Well, sure, they COULD have articulated it, but . . . . WizKids isn't an action figure company and has very little experience creating articulated figures. And . . . they ARE a tabletop miniatures company, which very rarely has any logical reason to create articulated figures.

I would love to see a toy company that does have experience in creating articulated action figures get a license with WotC and do such a thing . . . . but it seems silly to criticize WizKids for not being that company.

teitan

Legend
Well, sure, they COULD have articulated it, but . . . . WizKids isn't an action figure company and has very little experience creating articulated figures. And . . . they ARE a tabletop miniatures company, which very rarely has any logical reason to create articulated figures.
WHich is funny because they are about to make Action Figures for D&D. SO is Diamond Select and a couple others.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases