D&D General WizKids Emerald Dragon Miniature

WizKids has revealed November's $99.99 foot-tall emerald dragon miniature, part of the D&D Icons of the Realms series, and tying in with the upcoming Fizban's Treasury of Dragons. This joins December's $89.99 gold dragon previously revealed, as well as the green dragon from July.

em1.jpg
gold1.jpg

green.jpg

teitan

Legend
Yeah but most online hobby shops sell the miniatures for a significant discount. Usually about 25% off.
Yeah but 50 bucks for 5 Orcs or Kobolds when I can spend the same amount on GW and get 10 or 20 Orruks? Or 5-10 on the reaper 6 pack with multiple poses and weapons for Kobolds?

MGibster

Legend
Seems Wizkids is getting expensive. The frameworks are, per mini, more expensive than GW and these are kinda meh and at that size really impractical for tabletop play.
The C'tan Void Dragon for the Nercons from Games Workshop stands at about 8 inches high and retails for about $100. But I agree that the miniatures are pretty expensive and fairly impractical for tabletop play. However, such "miniatures" are likely to be used only on rare occasion and I could see how it'd be a fun treat for everyone at the table. I expect most of those models will end up being used more as decoration than anything else.

C'tan.JPG

MGibster

Legend
I'm one of those weirdos who prefers to paint his own miniatures. I'll probably pass on this though I suppose I could always buy it and repaint it myself.

teitan

Legend
The C'tan Void Dragon for the Nercons from Games Workshop stands at about 8 inches high and retails for about $100. But I agree that the miniatures are pretty expensive and fairly impractical for tabletop play. However, such "miniatures" are likely to be used only on rare occasion and I could see how it'd be a fun treat for everyone at the table. I expect most of those models will end up being used more as decoration than anything else.

View attachment 142422
Yeah but it’s also a very different intent and game. The void dragon and whether it is used depends on the points in the army and is a lot more practical than the Tiamat for example. I know they’re display pieces and all but when you have a 6x4 table, that is the large end, with 5-6 or more people sitting around it you actual gaming space is about 2x3.5 or 4 feet. So these huge minis become impractical whereas playing 40k such a large mini is less intrusive and a lot more practical because your real estate becomes 3x5 available for the game depending on the point value and there isn’t a party of adventurers to worry about fitting around the table plus screens and multiple books etc.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases