D&D 5E WizKids Yawning Portal new set

darjr

I crit!
This isn’t the one that had a lot of cardboard. In fact I’m not sure any of it isn’t plastic.
30C6C12D-AF3E-4BFB-878D-28648212B46E.jpeg

F8EDA289-DC35-414B-8076-D36320685AD9.jpeg

309250CB-38EA-49A9-894F-3E14A18A816C.jpeg

Last edited:

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
$367.49. I mean sure, if you just adore it or whatever.

I'm not averse to overspending on D&D, but I just don't see how much use you'd get out of it. How many tactical encounters are you going to run in the Yawning Portal itself where you'd use this set in play?

It's just a high price tag for a thing that I feel you'd mostly admire on a shelf. But, you know, if it sparks joy...

darjr

I crit!
Yea, that’s spendy.

It is supposed to be modular so it’s also a terrain kit useful to build other inns or bars or etc.

And I think the floor tiles are wooden on one side and stone cavern floor in the other.

Dire Bare

Legend
$367.49. I mean sure, if you just adore it or whatever.

I'm not averse to overspending on D&D, but I just don't see how much use you'd get out of it. How many tactical encounters are you going to run in the Yawning Portal itself where you'd use this set in play?

It's just a high price tag for a thing that I feel you'd mostly admire on a shelf. But, you know, if it sparks joy...
No need to be condescending about it. This doesn't hold value for you, we get it.

This is definitely a high-end item for gamers who, 1) appreciate this kind of accessory, and 2) can afford it. It's not meant for everybody, not even everybody with the cash to spend. And that's okay.

This holds a lot of play value . . . it's a freakin' tavern for Ao's sake! If you use a tavern as your campaign's home base or a frequent location, the actual Yawning Portal or your own tavern, this can see a lot of table use. And it also would look good as a display model on the shelf, and if that's all somebody wants it for, that's cool too.

Sorry, but I just get so tired of gamers conflating "This isn't to my tastes" with "This holds no real value".

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Lot of features and pretty neat, but yowzer that price tag. For somebody unfamiliar with the YP, whats in the giant pit?

Remove ads