• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wolverine looks awesome!!!

CAFRedblade

Explorer
Based on this article from last week on aintitcoolnews.com someone has seen a finished
copy of the movie.
UPDATED!! The Finished/Theatrical Version Of WOLVERINE Has Been Seen!! Just How Different Is It From That Workprint?? -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.
and it looks like the leaked version was the final cut minus the final cgi effects and probably some finalized audio (music/foley)
I'll wait for some full reviews and determine if it's worth a $6 dollar (canadian) matinee,
certainly won't be worth $12 apparently from comments I've read about the leaked version.

Arnwyn

First Post
From my local paper (and attributed to The Associated Press):

"Director Gavin Hood says the theatrical version of X-Men Origins: Wolverine features two different "Easter egg" endings. The short bits of footage play after the credits and reveal important information about key characters. Hood says the two endings play on separate prints, so different theatres may show different footage."

And a link for the wankers who don't believe something is real unless it can be "linked" to:
Theatrical `Wolverine' promises secret endings

My editorial comment: That is :):):):)ing stupid.

DonTadow

First Post
Really didn't like it. The pacing seemed off and the story reached greater convuluted moments than the marvel material its loosely based on. Characters just seemed to disappear at times and everyone seemed miscast.

this movie kinda reminded me of mortal kombat 2. Where they just wanted to introduce a lot of different fights without any story.

dravot

First Post
It was ok, not great. It started off slow and ponderous, which is an easy trap for any superhero film which does an origin.

Action scenes were fun, and well done.

Posted also in the other thread:

I enjoyed 1/3 of this movie, but the parts with the love story, or anything involving the actual Weapon-X program (or mini-mutant island) was painful to watch. I walked out 15 minutes from the end.

It's like there were two directors. One knew how to tell a story, and one just tossed stuff onto the screen with no regard to establishing a consistent tone or narrative arc for the movie.

I feel the movie would have been much better if the Wolverine vs. Sabertooth storyline had taken place in the modern time (after the previous X-Men movies), with flashbacks to the earlier stuff. That way you could, y'know, resolve the storyline.

If you thought X-3 was bad, don't go see this one either. It's a little better, but it's not good. Please help me atone for the fact that I gave Fox money for this piece of 1/3 toffee, 2/3 crap.

Richards

Legend
But RangerWickett, how can you be sure about your percentages if you didn't even watch the last 15 minutes of the movie? What if those 15 minutes were "super-toffee" -- wouldn't that throw off your ratio? And now, you'll never know for certain.

Silly Ewok. ;)

Johnathan

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads