Wonder Woman Out Dec 16th

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Wonder Woman is hitting cinemas on Dec 16th (dates may vary internationally).

I won't see it, though I want to. No chance I'm going to a cinema right now, even if they are open then. If you're in the US you can watch it on HBO on Christmas Day, but that's not an option for most people. Hopefully it will be available in other ways in 2021.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I almost feel sorry for the studios. Managing finances when they can't actually get the billion dollars they were expecting has got to be hard.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I almost feel sorry for the studios. Managing finances when they can't actually get the billion dollars they were expecting has got to be hard.
In the same way the Television Writers Strike helped create (or at least popularize) reality television, it will be interesting in 10 years to see how the pandemic changed Hollywood.

I can't imagine going to a theater right now, but I'll be happy to check it out on streaming. Pixar's Soul is also coming to Disney+ on the same day.

One wonders if this represents the breaking of the floodgates, if we'll see Black Widow, Dune, and others released in a similar model? I think it unlikely (Marvel has said "we're focusing on the TV series right now"), but if there's enough revenue, maybe?

Zardnaar

Legend
Theaters open/safe here just not a lot to see. At least movies I've heard of.

First one was good so might go see this one.

Ryujin

Legend
I don't see myself going to a theatre for this, either. We're back into lockdown because my region is responsible for roughly a third of the new cases in the entire Province, so I also don't see theatres being open, anyway.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Even if the theaters are open, no way I'm going. My partner and I have been doing everything right: never going out, social distancing, masks when we do, etc. And on Friday she got really sick. Fever, all over body rash, body ache, cough, and headache. On Sunday her temp dropped to 95 degrees but no urgent care could see her because they are all overwhelmed already. Her oxygen levels are still good thankfully, and last night she finally was able to get a test. Test results aren't back yet, but she's still sick today. So far the kid and I feel normal, but we are on self lockdown and have been since she first showed symptoms. Best we can tell, the only place she could have gotten sick from was from her 5 year old after he got back from his dad's (he doesn't take this as serious as we do, and they still go to the park to play, and have friends over, etc).

Seeing how sick she is, and worse, how scared she is, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And I certainly wouldn't risk myself or anyone else by going out to a theater. I wish people would realize that even if you're OK, or your friend feels just fine, chances are you're giving it to someone who won't be OK.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Even if the theaters are open, no way I'm going. My partner and I have been doing everything right: never going out, social distancing, masks when we do, etc. And on Friday she got really sick. Fever, all over body rash, body ache, cough, and headache. On Sunday her temp dropped to 95 degrees but no urgent care could see her because they are all overwhelmed already. Her oxygen levels are still good thankfully, and last night she finally was able to get a test. Test results aren't back yet, but she's still sick today. So far the kid and I feel normal, but we are on self lockdown and have been since she first showed symptoms. Best we can tell, the only place she could have gotten sick from was from her 5 year old after he got back from his dad's (he doesn't take this as serious as we do, and they still go to the park to play, and have friends over, etc).

Seeing how sick she is, and worse, how scared she is, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And I certainly wouldn't risk myself or anyone else by going out to a theater. I wish people would realize that even if you're OK, or your friend feels just fine, chances are you're giving it to someone who won't be OK.
My thoughts are with you!

Remove ads