D&D General Woo-Hoo! Heading back to playing D&D in person soon! (for the first time since February 2020)!

pogre

Legend
My group is vaccinated and we start in person on 5/16. Looking forward to it. At first we played a lot more virtually, but that has really tapered off for us. Remote is better than nothing for sure, but I think we all prefer sitting around the table. Plus, I got all this new terrain I need to use!

Retreater

Legend
I backed the Level Up on Kickstarter, and it’s just been sitting there in my closet waiting to be used. Looking forward to giving that a try too!
At first I thought this was the Advanced 5e ENWorld is putting out, and thought I missed something. Haha.
I have a nice gaming space, tons of terrain and minis I've painted over the pandemic. I just don't see us ever getting together regularly again. It's kind of a shame, but even if I had time to start new games with new people in person (dropping all the online games I'm playing with people in various locations), my community just doesn't have enough of a gaming culture to support it.

wedgeski

Adventurer
I'm very proud of my weekly group. We made the switch to online play after the first UK lockdown and have maintained our game since then. That said we'll soon all be fully vaccinated, and first week of September is our tentative back-to-the-table date!

It'll be doubly special because we put our main campaign on hold while we couldn't play face-to-face (not realising quite how long that would be), and the campaign will re-open with a dracolich encounter that has been hanging over their heads like the Sword of Damocles since last April. :)

Not gonna lie, I might get something in my eye on the return session.

Remove ads