D&D General Woo-Hoo! Heading back to playing D&D in person soon! (for the first time since February 2020)!

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I just got a text from a player in my group that they just got their first covid vax shot, and they were the final person in the group to get on that roll. The druid's player works in a hospital, so he was the first to get both shots. Me and two other players are on the same basic schedule and get our second shots the first week of April, and now we just have to basically wait until end of April to meet face to face.

Our next session is April 3rd, which will remain remote, but since we play every three to five weeks, the time after that should be GOOD TO GO!

One of the positives of moving to computers b/c of all this (and I am not trying to remotely suggest the pandemic was worth it, just trying to look on the bright side) is that now in the future when something comes up that makes F2F gaming hard for a scheduling reason, we have the set up to play online instead if that works.

How is your group doing on returning to face-to-face gaming in the pandemic era?

Last edited:

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
I was able to do three outdoor, socially distanced in-person games in August when the Covid numbers here in New York were much lower than they now are. Players were seated at least six feet apart looking down on the map & minis, which were only touched by me (the DM). The players used laser pointers to show where they wanted their minis to go. Other that those three games, yeah, last in-person game was late February 2020.

I'm not yet eligible for a vax, but I assume I will be able to get one sometime in May. I expect to play outdoors in person sometime this summer. Indoors, even with everyone vaxxed...I'm taking a wait and see approach.

Indoors with strangers? God knows.

However, if you count online games, the past 12 months have been easily the most D&D I've played since I was 13 years old.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I was able to do three outdoor, socially distanced in-person games in August when the Covid numbers here in New York were much lower than they now are.

We were in the middle of planning an outdoor, distanced session when there was another surge here in western PA and we thought better of it.

Indoors, even with everyone vaxxed...I'm taking a wait and see approach.

However, if you count online games, the past 12 months have been easily the most D&D I've played since I was 13 years old.

I am following the CDC guidelines about gathering with other vaxxed folks.

But yeah, I am even running TWO games, something I have not done since when I had one game with friends from school and another with friends at home back in HS/college days. I never would have started that second (permanently) remote game (with players in different time zones!) if it had not been for the pandemic

Last edited:

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Yeah. My guess is it is already an issue with some groups that just won't post about.

Oh, it totally is. Also, some groups just never stopped in person at all. I know of at least one in-person group that kept meeting in NYC last spring when the morgues here were literally overflowing.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, I have heard about those. BTW, I lived in NYC (Brooklyn and grew up there) until nearing two years ago, and I had players that commuted from Jersey, Long Island, Queens for game day- so if those groups are anything like mine, you have different streams of people all getting together from disparate places, which is just not safe.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases