Woohoo! Guess what ...:):):)

Goblyn

Explorer
Today I taught my 12 year-old niece how to play the DnD minis game. We played 2 games, because after the first, she asked if we could play again. This is big; DnD has Xbox, Gamecube and the internet competing for the kids' attention. Her younger sister is even somewhat interested too ...

:proud::proud::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Flyspeck23

First Post
Goblyn said:
Today I taught my 12 year-old niece how to play the DnD minis game. We played 2 games, because after the first, she asked if we could play again. This is big; DnD has Xbox, Gamecube and the internet competing for the kids' attention. Her younger sister is even somewhat interested too ...

Good job!

Maybe there's hope for the future of gaming.

A nephew of mine (14 years old) isn't interested at all in RPG, miniatures, or gaming without the computer in general - he flipped through one of my Star Wars RPG books once, that's all (but at least he likes the original trilogy better than the new one ;) ).

Btw, did she say why she enjoyed it?

Goblyn

Explorer
Flyspeck23 said:
Good job!

Btw, did she say why she enjoyed it?

Thanks. She didn't say specifically, but the kids have a similar Yu-Gi-Yoh(sp?) game that is quite similar, yet much simpler.

That and they like the minis.:)

IronWolf

blank
About two weeks ago I taught my cousin's 10 year old son how to play D&D minis. He had a great time and is already wanting to get together again to play. It took a little bit to get through the initial rules, but after that he had a pretty good handle on it.

JoeBlank

Explorer
My 6-year-old son has played a few D&D minis games with me, and some of short adventures in the D&D Adventure Game box set. He digs it, and seems to understand most of the rules, but I still think he is a little young for it.

My 4-year-old watched and semi-participated, but has more fun just playing with the minis. Sometimes the fight his army men and little plastic dinosaurs.

Congrats on introducing gaming to a kid, and on finding someone new to game with.

Trax t'lera

First Post
Awesome! I've been helping with a game for high school kids on Friday nights. One of the kid's 10 year old brother liked to come up and "play" or rather bother us. At some point in the last year though he actually started playing. It's been about two years since we started and now he's talking about GMing a Redwall based game with some of his friends.

JimAde

First Post
My daughter is 7. I play a simplified version of the skirmish game with her and she beats me regularly (I let her pick whatever minis she wants then try to match the points with my own). She very quickly grasped the idea of going after the guy with the low AC first. :D

IronWolf

blank
My 10 year old cousin was down again about two weeks ago. He still knew the rules and his play was improved. It's so much fun to turn a new generation on to gaming. When he is a touch older I might run a one-shot D&D game for him.

MonsterMash

First Post
Congratulations - a friend of mine is teaching his kids (10 and 7 years old) to play, so it does look like there will be a future for RPG after all.

Remove ads