Working on Improving My Art and Doing a few Char Portraits

Ben Kamphaus

First Post
Young Dwarf

I added this picture of a young dwarf I sketched in about 20 minutes after being frustrated with how small the face on another character in a different picture I'm working on and how hard it was getting to detail.

Attachments

• youngdwarfguy.jpg
    youngdwarfguy.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 176

Ben Kamphaus

First Post
Gnomes

Sure - I can draw a few more without much trouble. Just give me some time to sketch them out.

And yeah, anyone can use these images if they'd like, I just ask that you credit them to me.

Ben Kamphaus

First Post
Gnome Scholars, as requested.

Here are the gnome scholars. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, I think. The one on the left is going on and on about something, while the second one is checking the guild handbook, and losing his place as he goes to adjust his eye piece!

Attachments

• gnomescholars.jpg
    gnomescholars.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 186

Darraketh

First Post
Re: Gnome Scholars, as requested.

Ben Kamphaus said:
Here are the gnome scholars. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, I think. The one on the left is going on and on about something, while the second one is checking the guild handbook, and losing his place as he goes to adjust his eye piece!

Excellent! Just perfect. Thank you very much!

These little fellows hail from a place on the eastern portion of the continent. They belong to a secret sect of mages known as the Eyes of Theron. They reside in a fortress called Magestone on an isle in the Star Sea, which is surrounded by the forest of Mistwood. Take a look at my map of the area. The link is in my sig.:D

Malessa

First Post
Re: Hmmm....

Ben Kamphaus said:
Thanks for the pointers on the hands, though I think they turned out fine on the girl (Just realized the other pictures I posted were basically missing the hands or not showing them in detail! Haha)

I'm working on another to post up here, and like I said, if anyone has any requests I'd like to draw them. The big thing is I have little or no experience following the creative directions of anyone other than myself or my wife.

Thanks for the feedback.
When I said hands and feet are the worst, I hope you didn't think I meant your drawings. I seen that you mentioned that you had trouble, and I as well, have alot of trouble with hands. Thats why I mentioned the magazines and such....Its a good thing I draw, because I'm a terrible writter! Being a stay home mom, my IQ gets caught between Teletubbies and Pokemon. But you've obviously found a solution to the hands thing anyway, I just didn't want you to take offense in my ill wording.

Ben Kamphaus

First Post
Oh no, no

Don't worry, I didn't take offense to it, and was pretty sure you meant that hands and feet were hard to draw in general, just sort of threw that statement out as a "Just in case." Even if it had been on purpose, criticism is what I'd like to get... After all, how else do you improve your work?

Ben Kamphaus

First Post
Colored Gnomes

I took a stab at watercoloring/inking the gnomes. It turned out so, so, I think (My wife likes it though) so I'm putting it up. Thought Dar might want to take a look.

Attachments

• coloredgnomes.jpg
    coloredgnomes.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Remove ads