World Cup 2010 Thread

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I know this forum is mostly American in usership, but c'mon, surely there must be someone else other than me interesting in watching the upcoming FIFA World Cup in South Africa? Kicks off in 9 days time!

The England squad was announced yesterday, with a few surprises. I also heard the USA squad was seen off by President Obama, so I was wondering how many people here had even registered this was all taking place?

@Mustrum Ridcully;, you interested? Germany are always strong in the World Cup.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I was living in New York City the last time and it was a pretty big deal (which isn't really a surprise). I really got into it then and I'm looking forward to it this year. Now that I'm living in (way) upstate New York, it will be interesting to see how big it is up here. Despite being so far north of NYC (I'm about two hours from Toronto Canada now), we do have a substantial South and Central American population. And I've seen promotional signs in the various bars and pubs. Even if it isn't as big a deal, I'm sure I can wrangle at least one flat screen at the pub for my own personal use. B-)

Remove ads