World Cup Thread?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans get eliminated from the World Cup!

Muahahahahahahahahaha!

(Seriously, though, it's always terrible to get eliminated, but I'm happy Japan is through.)

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Congrats to the AFC for squeaking three underdog countries into the knockout tournament (Australia, Japan, South Korea). Australia barely made it in at all.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
(Seriously, though, it's always terrible to get eliminated, but I'm happy Japan is through.)

It could be worse. You can fail to qualify. Twice in row. :cry:

Italian Flag Logo GIF by xponentialdesign

One of the better World Cup group stages, lots of great upsets so far.
Also no team won 3 out of 3 games.

I still can’t believe Australia made it through.

For all the moany pants fans, and especially the media, statistically England the best qualifiers
The football and tight groups has been excellent thus far

GreyLord

Legend
Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans get eliminated from the World Cup!

Muahahahahahahahahaha!

It is INSANE Japan won that group! I have no idea what is going on there. How far are they going to go!?

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Group E was definitely the Group of Death this year. Even Costa Rica was putting in good work those last two matches. They beat Japan, which neither Spain nor Germany could do!

Also no team won 3 out of 3 games.
Yeah, and only 5 teams didn't lose a game. Funnily enough, there were also only 5 teams that didn't win at least one game. And three of those managed to pull a tie.

Remove ads