Knightfall's World of Kulan Campaign Maps (Updated: July 2022)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
JahellTheBard said:
Your maps are incredibly good :)!

I really like them ... if you don't mind, i will use some in my game ...
That's not a problem. Use 'em and abuse 'em. If you post them online someplace for your players to reference, then make sure you link back to this thread and list my name with the map. (See under sig.)

JahellTheBard

First Post
make sure you link back to this thread and list my name with the map.

Sure, you deserve all credits for such a fantastic work!

By the way , my campaign start tomorrow just somewhere inside the fallenlands ( maybe a bad choise for maps are not still ready , but is in line with the beginning of the story i told my players few weeks ago, before discovering your fantastic work) ...

Thanks a lot :) !

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
JahellTheBard said:
By the way , my campaign start tomorrow just somewhere inside the fallenlands ( maybe a bad choise for maps are not still ready , but is in line with the beginning of the story i told my players few weeks ago, before discovering your fantastic work) ...
Great to here. Let me know how it goes. What races are you planning to use? I take you've read my Fallenlands thread in the Rogue's Gallery forum, correct?

And I'll post the rest of my deities on that thread for you, if you like?

Cheers!

KF72

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
A Fallenlands Map!
And here is a quick Fallenlands map for you (JahellTheBard) to use. There isn't a scale on this map, so you can decide you're own scale if you like. (Assume the distances are fairly vast but not super-vast.) The cities marked are the major cities in the region. Others are possible but rare (likely hidden).

The Mountains of NarsKasis are where the bulk of the nagpa civilization lives. Craloona is the capital city of the nagpas.

Crilian and Askinesiks are cities dominated by the jann. Giakk is a mixed city. (The jann still dominate the population, however.)

Note: Humans are very rare in the Fallenlands; they are almost unknown in some areas. Humans on this continent fall into one of two categories: (1) the cyradi who live in the canyon known as Shapneka and (2) human visitors from other continents.

NarsKasis Mountains Region.jpg

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
A Triadora Map!
Here's another map I did of a region I call the Bay of the Horn. This area on Triadora is dominated by a race of unique minotaurs, ususally called Horn Minotaurs. I did it is a slightly different style then most of my other maps.

I haven't really thought beyond the fact that the captial city of the minotaurs is Hulnin. The War War is my version of the Great Wall of China and the area beyond it is dominated by a race of lizardfolk known as the Xanth.

Anyway, this is all for now.

Cheers!

KF

Bay of the Horn.jpg

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Another Fallenlands Map: Around Crillian
Here is a new region I've just started working on. Crilian is the city-state where The Companions first arrived on The Fallenlands while seeking the legend of a magical artifact known as Ogrebane.

I'll post some information about Crilian on my Fallenlands thread in the Plots and Places forum when I get a chance.

Around Crilian.JPG

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
NEW MAP: The Crilian Onshore

This new map shows the area directly around the City-state of Crilian. THE CRILIAN ONSHORE is known for more than the city; it is known for half-a-dozen powerful jann mercantile houses that control many of the surrounding communities.

The towns of Aliqua, Killmar, Meliak, Quott, and Solakk; the villages of Mittia and Tyilb; and the keep called Dulb fall under direct control of Crilian and its powerful trader families.

The communities beyond those listed are too distant from Crilian for the city-state to control them. Most city-states can only control those areas directly linked to them by roads. The jann are powerful, however, so they often ask for tributes once a year from those just beyond their direct reach.

The strongest of these independant communities is Taid'd. More of a fortress than a town, Taid'd protects its interests and those of its vassal communities — J'kain and Raliqu. It opposes any sort of control by Crilian and other city-states such as Giakk far to the west.

33923d1209846836-world-kulan-maps-updated-jun-18-10-crilian-onshore.jpg
Crilian Onshore.jpg

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
NEW MAP: NarsKasis South

This map shows the extreme southern end of the Mountains of NarsKasis as well as the region west of City-state of Askinesiks. NARSKASIS SOUTH isn't so much an official regional name as a simple name for me to remember for the map.

Therefore, no one in the Fallenlands refers to this region as NarsKasis South or the region near the northern edge of the mountain range as NarsKasis North, which is what its map will be called once I create it. Instead, the Fallenlanden races refer to a region by its notable locales and natural features.

Thus, in this region one race might call it the Gatelands due to the proximity of The Sand Gate, while another might refer to the region as the Amarin Reach due to the proximity of the Oasis of Amari (FYI... kenku control this oasis).

This can be confusing to races from other continents.

Regardless, in this region, the City-state of Askinesiks dominates; although, its jann rulers don't officially control much beyond the city's walls. However, its influence can be felt as far away as the town of Huin in the Mountains of NarsKasis.

Huin and the other mountain towns shown (Gulta, Quoza, Rielmys) are strongly aligned to the nagpas of the Valley of NarsKasis, which is located deeper in the mountain range.

Another location of note is Kalib Bokr, which is an ancient ruin from the time before the Fallenlands' Age of Isolation. It is believed that the ruins are related to the Cyradi civilization in the canyon known as Shapneka, yet all those who have delved down into the ruins have never returned.

The Facets are crystalline forest jutting out of the sands, and the sinkhole called Cana Sul is said to lead to the Underearth and some sort of ancient insectoid civilization.

The Bray is a gathering place for shapechangers, especially lycanthropes. It is considered a holy place to them. This includes the hengeyokai too.

Note that in the Fallenlands, people are less likely to be persecuted for being evil. Good is still a strong force, but it doesn't dominate the rules of every society. Law and chaos are just as likely to hold sway over a particular region; however, the cities tend towards law, while the more independant communities tend towards chaos.

NarsKasis South.jpg

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
NEW MAP: Around the Thellech

AROUND THE THELLACH is another map for The Fallenlands. The Thellech is a rift-like canyon that was created during the Age of Fire after the efreet became involved in the war that would devastate the continent. There are many of these rifts and ruined landscapes scattered across The Fallenlands.

The ruined rift known as Kalib Bokr is also one of these rift-canyons. (See the NarsKasis South map.) The most famous of these ruined lands is the Volcanic Lands, which dominate the center of the continent.

The Thellech, like many of the rift-canyons, is rich in minerals and magic. Many of the locations that became rift-canyons were once great cities or fortresses during the Age of the Nagpa. Note that not all of these great fortifications were created by the nagpa. Some were created by the other races of The Fallenalnds but most were created by the nagpa.

As a result, Thellech Hold is a rich, large town with many suitors. It plays the merchant lords of Crilian against the independant communities of the Verdant Lands. It pays tribute to Crilian once a year, but the amount of the tribute decreases every ten years. Erinika is its only vassal community.

Khidasse is more than just a town; it is a large community made up of various races. Its citizens live as a commune and they protect each other from external threats. The commune grows its own food and has its own water supply — a well that is never dry. The only thing that saves it is that the citizens sell extra foodstuffs and water to other communities in need. Plus, some of its citizens are powerful ex-adventurers.

Another important locale on this map is the Hidden Trees. This small forest of desertwood trees is a strange magical place. It is a powerful place for those that believe in the power of chaos and its trees blend in with the surrounding desert. The trees have the ability to change color just like a chameleon can. However, some believe, like the nagpa, that these desertwood trees can even turn invisible and maybe phase out of time with the rest of the world. What is known is that these desertwood trees are unique as no other grove or forest of desertwood trees can change color.

Around the Thellech.JPG

Last edited:

Remove ads