[World of Warcraft] I've started an EN World Guild! (12-25-04)

MatrexsVigil

First Post
I'd love to join up, although I don't have a character on that server yet. I don't think I've been this interested in being in a guild. I guess I'll drop you an in-game mail to see what's up!

-P.C.

--"Off the Pink."--

Spatula

Explorer
Darkness said:
I'd be careful with Noah, as they're very strict on real-world religious references - or things that seem to be.
(a) Noah isn't exclusively a biblical name. (b) They don't appear to be too vigilant in policing naming conventions. Even on the RP servers, which supposedly have a stricter policy on what you can name things.

Enforcer

Explorer
Sparky said:
Oh... I like that!

Let's go with EN Garde!

What about EN Guard? It still has the fencing wordplay (though not spelled the same), identifies us as, well, us, and "Guard" actually denotes an organization. Alternatively, we could find something cool that has an abbreviation of E.N. and use that. Like "The Order of the Evil Nuns" or something like that. (Hopefully cooler and more serious than Evil Nuns.

Or something completely different, like "Harbromm's Hammers" (Harbromm being the name of my 26th level Dwarf Paladin...and the king of Citadel Adbar in the Forgotten Realms)?

Another thing to consider is what we want our guild tabard to look like. I'm thinking a black background with yellow icon and embroidery. I don't know what symbol to use though (and there are a bunch). Of course, Harbromm's beard would cover the guild symbol anyways, but hey, it's still important for all the non-dwarves who'll join.

Finally, if you have or are planning to get WoW, and want to join the guild on Feathermoon, I'd like to get an official "yes" from you in this thread. Post your character's name, race, and class (level changes all the time, so don't bother). Once I have 9 existing characters, we'll get up and running.

Spatula

Explorer
Enforcer said:
What about EN Guard?
That's even better! I doff my cap to you, sir.

Enforcer said:
Alternatively, we could find something cool that has an abbreviation of E.N. and use that.
Working off of Dinkedog:
(E)ldritch (N)ights or (E)ldritch k(N)ights

I have a Night Elf Druid on Feathermoon (which I created just for this) named Cerion.

Are character signatures by player or by character? I imagine it must be by player, or else I wouldn't see all these people offering money to sign their guild charter (because they could just create dummy characters to sign it).

Enforcer

Explorer
Spatula said:
That's even better! I doff my cap to you, sir.

Working off of Dinkedog:
(E)ldritch (N)ights or (E)ldritch k(N)ights

I have a Night Elf Druid on Feathermoon (which I created just for this) named Cerion.

Are character signatures by player or by character? I imagine it must be by player, or else I wouldn't see all these people offering money to sign their guild charter (because they could just create dummy characters to sign it).

I'll put Cerion in my friends list.

As for signatures, I assume it's by player, but until we have a guild name all set, I'm not going to run out and buy a charter to test that theory.

And, in case some of you don't visit Blizzard's WoW forums, it looks like they're pretty strict about guild names being appropriate. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I don't think EN Guard will work. I'm going to try to email customer service though to make sure.

Eldritch Night is cool. I also came up with:
-Enduring Nobility (my new favorite, I like it even better than EN Guard)
-Evil's Nightmare
-Eric's Namesake
-Azeroth's Elite Native Sons
-Order of the Emerald Nectar
-The Eleventh Night
-Brotherhood of the Ebon Nail

Other E and N words that will hopefully spark someone to something good:
Elite Nation Native Navy Necessity Nail Enforcer Night Noble Nova Eagle Early Eager Earth East North Ebon Eclipse Edge Elder Ember Eminent Ermine Element Errant

Spatula

Explorer
Captain Tagon, is there a time you're typically playing your night elf character? I think mine is around the same level as yours.

Although I won't be online much until this week is over.

Do night elves have an easy way to get from Kalimdor to Azeroth? (like the Horde has the goblin zepplins, which are available early on unless you're a tauren)

Remove ads