[World of Warcraft] I've started an EN World Guild! (12-25-04)

Shard O'Glase

First Post
heck yeah, I found aplace that still had a WoW in stock(dawn of war as well). Now once my computer arrives I am preped for games, except for that pesky dial up thing.

Captain Tagon

First Post
Spatula said:
Captain Tagon, is there a time you're typically playing your night elf character? I think mine is around the same level as yours.

Although I won't be online much until this week is over.

Do night elves have an easy way to get from Kalimdor to Azeroth? (like the Horde has the goblin zepplins, which are available early on unless you're a tauren)

I play at various times of the day, just get ahold of me on here or on AIM when you wanna play and I'll see if I can get on. Screen name is artisnottheworld

evildm

Explorer
Spatula said:
Captain Tagon, is there a time you're typically playing your night elf character? I think mine is around the same level as yours.

Although I won't be online much until this week is over.

Do night elves have an easy way to get from Kalimdor to Azeroth? (like the Horde has the goblin zepplins, which are available early on unless you're a tauren)
Well, the Night Elves have a way to get to Azeroth, but it's anything but easy. What they have to do is get to Darnassus, take a boat or hippogriff to Auberdine in Darkshore, then take a boat to Menethil Harbour in the Wetlands. This is the hard part, you have to run through the Wetlands to Loch Modan. The Wetlands is a level 20-30 area, and there's a fair number of monsters along the road. Once in Loch Modan, you can walk to Ironforge in Dun Morogh, then take the Tram to Stormwind. Voila, you're in the human lands!

Just be sure to talk to all the gryphon masters along the way, or you will have to walk back instead of flying. ;)

I would've replied sooner if I didn't spend all my time at home sleeping or playing WoW :)

I'll make a character on that server some time over the next few days and let you know what it is. Currently my main character is a level 22 Orc Warrior on a different server.

Duncan

Shard O'Glase

First Post
rat bastards at dell. I should be getting my computer today but no its delayed. I'm not surprised I've never received anything on time form dell and I don't know anyone who has. But there estimate is a week late, and its done beng built, tested etc, it just needs to be boxed and sent for 2 days now. Don't they know I have Wow waiting to be installed, rat bastards!

Blue Sky

Explorer
I'll be interested, but I'm not gonna be able to play until I can open my Christmas presents (Got the game, just waiting for the card).

I'll repost when I'm up.

Spatula

Explorer
Enforcer said:
And, in case some of you don't visit Blizzard's WoW forums, it looks like they're pretty strict about guild names being appropriate.
Which forum are you looking at? Just curious. The only guild-related one that I could see was Guild Recruitment, which is filled with nothing but flames over religious-oriented guilds.

And boy, looking at Blizzard's forums makes me appreciate EN World that much more.

I've run into several non-appropriately-named guilds - the other day I was randomly invited to join "zDWIz" as one example - but maybe they're going to be forced to change their names down the line.

I think Eldritch Nights works as a nice, simple, safe name, though I do like some of the more mystical-sounding suggestions (Order of the Ebon Nail, Eleventh Night, etc.). Since it seems we have a lot of night elves, perhaps Emerald Night or some variation thereof (like Guardians of the Emerald Night) would be a good name.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Spatula said:
Which forum are you looking at? Just curious. The only guild-related one that I could see was Guild Recruitment, which is filled with nothing but flames over religious-oriented guilds.
"GMs took away our name" threads regularly pop up in WoW general.
E.g., don't name your guild "Warriors of god" (with a cross tabard), "KGB" or "RoFL" - no matter what the acronyms stand for. ;) I saw people who did and they didn't last long.
Spatula said:
And boy, looking at Blizzard's forums makes me appreciate EN World that much more.
You mean looking at Blizzard's WoW forums, right?
'cause if you looked at their Battle.net forums, you'd think the WoW forum is nice and sane. :eek:

Remove ads