• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World setting, and your upcoming plans...

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
I am going pretty generic, but I'd like to give things a hint of Ancient Greece. Particularly, I'm going to base the Eladrin society focused on the concept of arete and the worship of Corellon. Not exactly a stretch, but I like the idea of teleporting Hoplites. :D

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Have always used homebrew (Kage in sig), but this time I am creating a new one.

Based heavily upon African Adventures - though advanced and mixed with standard dnd.

Ancient magical orcs brought end to Egyptian-like empire, then over time orcs crumbled and the people split into 2 groups: magic users that founded their own magocracy and warrior culture that set up in the northern valleys.

Campaign to start in one of these valleys (and using the Valley of Obelisks from 'Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde"). The people here have long formed an alliance and traded with pale-skinned humans (much like default) that arrived in region aroun 400 years ago and use steel weapons and heavy armor. However, 1 year ago the standard kingdom was crushed from the east by samurai leading warforged troops.

The valley people are concerned and cut off, awaiting to see what happens (in fact little is known in the furtherest valleys). To the south is the Magocracy that has long since fractured into city-states (and well south of that Nerath - the human empire that has fallen).

To the west are dry lands (and the remains of the tiefling and dragonborn empires).

Campaign will revolve around stopping a demon lord returning and discovering its relationship with The Overpower (the one true god of the people - though the valley folk have mostly adopted the standard pantheon of their white allies).

The oriental invaders are actually trying to establish whether this one true god of the dark-skinned westerners is for real. Those that still believe, suggest it is in hiding deep in the forests.

I have developed the history, maps, outlines of starting and surrounding regions, detailed the starting region, the Valley of Obelisks and the starting village (Mounchili, from Atlas Games' Nyambe: Dire Spirits module).

So there will be a lot of standard dnd magic and combat, but the fauna and flora and setting is closer to a real world Africa with many dire (and coloured) animals, warped fiendish apes (and a chance to use those girallon minis), invading demons, etc.

Hoping to post as a website one day. Someone should create a central place for people to host their campaign settings. Imagine a site where you can go and just pick up any new CS. Just a thought - off topic now. ;)
C

quindia

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
What are you using to make your maps? Your sig is gorgeous.

I use CorelDraw. Everything was created on the computer using freehand tools for the most part. Unfortunately, it is not easily duplicated unless you have some experience with graphics software.

Jack Colby

First Post
Points of light in a dark world. That about sums it up for me. However, depending how well they revamped the Realms I may be tempted to try it out. I always had an idea for "ruining" the Realms to make it more interesting, so I'm curious to see how far WotC went in that direction.

catsclaw227

First Post
fletch137 said:
Since this is the first time I've seen anyone else with the same interest in updating the Scarred Lands, where would y'all direct me to find a thread or forums where I can join in a discussion on the topic?
I would be with you on this one. Now, if James from Sword & Sorcery is already doing a 4e conversion, I would be interested in seeing how he interprets things.

Either way, a Scarred Lands conversion thread would be cool.

Remove ads