Worried about spoilers!

Ebon Shar

Explorer
I wont be running my KOTS scenario for a few weeks yet, and I'm really worried that my players will know the module backwards and forwards before we ever sit down to play. I know that at least one of them is a very active participant on these boards and I hope he, and my other players, are taking care not to ruin the game for themselves and me. I honestly have never seen so many spoiler threads for an adventure as I have for this one! Any advice?

Stalker0

Legend
Make sure to tell them that spoiler threads are off limits. I mean, its in stores, if your players are gung ho about spoiling it they can just and get a copy.

But I think people on the boards have been pretty good at marking threads as spoliers.

Gargoyle

Adventurer
If you're really worried about it, change some critical details of the module.

spoilers:
Change the spy from the elf to someone else.
Change all encounters that list kobolds as goblins, and vice versa.
Change names of characters.
Add some new encounters with monsters from other sources.

Victoly

First Post
I'm in a similar situation, from the player's side of things. We're going to wait for the core rulebooks before we play KotS (to use our own characters), and the guy who's going to DM for us is in China on work at the moment anyway. I've faithfully avoided all of the KotS threads here - all I really know is that there are some Kobolds in the adventure from one of the reviews I read - but the temptation is there. Not because I want to spoil the adventure; I'm just curious about 4th edition and KotS is our only source of info at the moment. I was almost thinking that all of this KotS discussin could warrant the creation of a seperate "published adventures" forum, but I'm sure the spoilers will die down once we have the core books in our hands and have something else to feast on.

Ander00

First Post
I've tried avoiding all the spoiler threads and I still know more than I'd like to. There are also spoilers in the FAQ that WotC has put up (or rather, hidden in the custserv section), for example.

cheers

Remove ads