• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Worst/Most Ridiculous Gaming Experience Within a Homebrew Campaign

amysrevenge

First Post
Dude, Fart Dragon? lol

My first game ever we rolled 1d20 for our starting level... My first PC, a level 6 Duelist, died quickly. My second, a level 18 Death Knight (!) lasted much longer. :p

Later, we were using the 1st edition rules where a Thief would get xp for gaining treasure. We were in a bar, and there was about to be a fight, and the odds were 1000:1 in favour of the local tough. I bet "the contents of this purse" on my friend the Firbolg to win, and of course he did. Turned out (the DM didn't know this until after) that the purse was a bag of holding filled to the brim with platinum. I don't know where the money came from, but I walked out of that bar with enough treasure won to level up to 143rd level...

Greg K

Legend
These are not my own, but told to me by friends.

These first two were told to me by my one of my friends
1. The party was out of food and hungry. He has a ring with a genie and tells the genie, "I wish you would make me a bowl of pot of chilli". Promptly, the genie turns him into a pot of chilli and the rest of the party has dinner.

2. Same group of players. The party was nearly out of spells and fighting an ancient red dragon. The Wizard casts a wish spell and the player wishes that a Storm Giant would "come". Poof! A storm giant appears. The party drowns
To prevent accidently offending Eric's grandma, I'll let you perverts figure out what happened in between the summoning and the party drowning. However, the clue is in the wording of the wish.

The next came from a former player/ co-dm.

His party entered a room and then the DM describes the contents.

DM (in asian accent and slightly halting English): " There is statue in the corner. Who goes look at statue?"

The players decline and investigate another area of the room. When they are finished the DM again asks, "Who goes and looks at the statue?"

The players again refuse and examine another part of the room. When, they are finished, the DM asks, "Now, you go and look at statue?"

They refuse and the situation repeats itself until there is nothing left to look at except the statue. Again, the DM asks, "Now you go look at statue?"

My friend, "Ok. Fine. I go and look at the statue."

The DM laughs. "The statue's eyes glow. You go insane. You jump out the window. You die!. Next time, don't look at statue!"

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
We walk into the first marketplace. There are people there selling elf meat. We draw our weapons and attack the butcher.

Everyone in the marketplace jumps us, and we end up in jail.

"Wait, didn't I tell you everyone in this world hates elves?"

No, dude, you didn't tell us this was a society where intelligent beings are turned into meat and no one bats an eye at it.

That's as far as the campaign got, happily.

Dykstrav

Adventurer
The rest of that stuff was kinda dumb, but this has a degree of brilliance to it. :)

Eh... At the time, it was mildly amusing in that wonky, we're-really-playing-a-game sense. Until we realized that he was serious, and there was that moment around the table where we wonder if we're supposed to laugh or not.

Mircoles

Explorer
The DM laughs. "The statue's eyes glow. You go insane. You jump out the window. You die!. Next time, don't look at statue!"

I would say "You know what there isn't going to be a next time." and then

I would walk out & never ever again game with a DM that did something

that asinine.

Remove ads