WoT Book 11: Knife of Dreams

Banshee16

First Post
Dagger75 said:
So why Perrin chasing Faile again. I quite at like book 4 or 5 when she was captured. They have been apart longer than they have been together. Its time to move on Perrin get some other girl and be free.

Well, if your wife was kidnapped into slavery, would you give up on her and move on?

Or move earth and heaven until you found a way to rescue her? Why would Perin do any differently?

Banshee

Kylara

First Post
Banshee16 said:
Well, if your wife was kidnapped into slavery, would you give up on her and move on?

Or move earth and heaven until you found a way to rescue her? Why would Perin do any differently?

Banshee

If my hubby put me through what Faile has put Perrin through, I'd be looking for a new Beau (in Perrin's case a new wife) so yea

Rackhir

Explorer
According to book 11, It's been 51 DAYS!!! since Faile was kidnapped. Something like 3,000-4,000 pages and ONLY 51 DAY!?!?!

I'm currently up to about page 500 and so far nothing much has happened.

shaylon

First Post
Banshee16 said:

Banshee

Meh, depends on the wife I guess. :D

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Oh, a few more likes and dislikes.

Disliked...
1:
The lack of Aviendha material in this book is absolutely criminal.
2: After 10 books they finally decided to change the design of the (US) hardback covers? Great, that doesn't look out of place on my shelf. Instead of the title and author being printed small, horizontally and at the top of the spine they're written in huge letters vertically along the spine.

Liked...
1:
At least the new spine layout obscures Sweet's 'artwork' a little.

Xath

Moder-gator
Rackhir said:
I'm currently up to about page 500 and so far nothing much has happened.

What?! Tons of stuff has happened by there. Go back and read Crossroads of Twilight. That's a book in which nothing happens.

Roadkill101

Explorer
I'm a huge WoT fan. Of the books that is, don't care too much for the D20 campaign. I've read through the entire series many times, because when a new release is scheduled I begin with book one all over again (which is badly falling apart now), and partly because I need something to read while waiting on one of several favorite authors to release something new. And then reread the current latest release through at least another two times by itself.

This is the first time, I've not actually reread the series prior to a new release, but i've been busy reading a lot books from the library lately.

I almost put the first book down because it seemed to start off so slowly (when compared to faster action paced stories of the sci-fi/fantasy genre). In hindsight as a gamer, I now really appreciate the slow start as a good example of how to build a campaign around 0 level characters.

All but the first two books I have in hardback. My copy of Fires of Heaven is signed by Jordan (my cousin bought it at a book signing and read it before I had purchased it and he just gave it to me).

I've yet to buy Knife of Dreams, mostly because I haven't been paying attention to the date. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow as I just got my paycheck.

I wish I could remember the site (to provide a link, it's been several months since having seen it) where Jordan explains why he has so many sub-plots, that cause the slow down of the story. The explanations puts it into a better perspective, making it more tolerable, though the sub-plots and slow down of the main plots have never bothered me personally (and having said that, I could care less how many books the series takes up, beit the stated twelve or a possible twenty, to finish, so long as it does get finished).

The only real complaint I have about the series is the (rather blatant) Men are from Mars, Women from Venus gender biasing where neither gender understands the motivations and actions of the other. There are better ways for a writer to show a character who is either ignorant of or prejudiced towards the opposite sex. This is one thing he should've stopped including around book three (IMO).

Last edited:

Remove ads