• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WoT Message Board Game - Prologue

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
The Dice Game

[OOC: Would it be better if the guys and the girls had separate threads?]

Taking a seat so that he may observe the rest of the room, Ash carefully arranged his sword and motioned for a serving girl.

Taking a moment to appraise the young lord, Ash unlaced his belt pouch and placed it on the table.

"Evening m'lord. I am Ashrem Bale, a mere traveler from Ebou Dar. Pardon, but you are from Tear yes? A great distance to travel, are you hear to see the False Dragon as well?”

He motioned Lord Tomas to take the first roll and hoped his luck wouldn’t fail him.

“Let us begin. We shall see whose purse lightens the most”, he said with a mischievous grin.

His glance fell on the Borderlander brooding in the corner. So many fights in the city of late. Let us hope that one doesn't cause any trouble. He briefly touched his sword as if to remind himself that it was there.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Re: The Dice Game

Ashrem Bayle said:
[OOC: Would it be better if the guys and the girls had separate threads?]

If you were going to be separate for very long, maybe. But as things stand, it's probably not worth the trouble.

Jain Hadlin

[ooc: I'm sorry i'm late, computer broke down on the 20Th just finished fixing it today. i'm gonna jump in here, let me know if i got the boot for my lateness, and i wont reply further. Thanks.]

Jain after recovering from the one-two punch of running into shalimar here, and seeing she had become an intiate, decided to slink back to his room in order to get his thoughts together and decide how to handle things. After much himming and hawing, Jain, decides to be a man about her being "in the Tower", and keep a low profile in hopes of catching shalimar alone so they can talk, and get caught up with each other.

Last edited:

Enforcer

Explorer
Why in the Light is that Ebou Dari looking at me? I want no fights with one of those. Even their bloody women will draw steel, which is fine for a Borderlander woman against trollocs, but what decent man allows his woman to fight duels? Utter nonsense that.

Yuri puts on his best glare (Intimidation check? Though I don't think it affects PCs--don't have my book), though it's not much of a change from his previous expression. Hopefully the Ebou Dari's common sense will overtake his country's ludicrous propensity for dueling. In Kandor, men have usually more important things to do than fight each other; the Blight tended to focus one's aggresion.

Hoping that's settled, Yuri looks to see what business a wealthy Tairen has dicing with a commoner--he hopes it will be interesting enough to focus his thoughts away from...well, Yuri just hopes it's interesting.

drothgery

First Post
Enforcer said:
Yuri puts on his best glare (Intimidation check? Though I don't think it affects PCs--don't have my book), though it's not much of a change from his previous expression. Hopefully the Ebou Dari's common sense will overtake his country's ludicrous propensity for dueling. In Kandor, men have usually more important things to do than fight each other; the Blight tended to focus one's aggresion.

Hoping that's settled, Yuri looks to see what business a wealthy Tairen has dicing with a commoner--he hopes it will be interesting enough to focus his thoughts away from...well, Yuri just hopes it's interesting.

The borderlander clearly was trying to look intimidating, but he didn't pull it off well (rolled a 2, and so failed miserably on intimidate check).

As Ashrem and Lord Tomas diced, it was clear that neither was winning or losing much. The Tairen was more cautious, rarely taking risks but clearly a skilled player of the game; the Ebou Dari had been almost out of coins he was willing to lose more than once before throwing the king two or three times in a row.

<Lord Tomas got a 16 (rolled 9 + 7) on his Proffesion(Gambler) check; Ashrem got a 4 (rolled 2 + 2 for wisdom) on an untrained check, then used The Dark One's Own Luck to reroll and rolled a 14 + 2 = 16>

Last edited:

Tay-Dor

First Post
The Dice Game

Taking a moment to appraise the young lord, Ash unlaced his belt pouch and placed it on the table.

"Evening m'lord. I am Ashrem Bale, a mere traveler from Ebou Dar. Pardon, but you are from Tear yes? A great distance to travel, are you hear to see the False Dragon as well?”

Lord Tomas nodded. "Well met Master Bale. I am from Tear, here on my Father's business. A great distance, yes, but rather tiresome and tedious. It is hard to make good time when the roads are clogged with penniless wanderers. I had hoped to negotiate a trade agreement, but I," There is a hint of shock and a trace of annoyance in his voice, "was unable to find room in a decent Inn in the Inner City."

He motioned Lord Tomas to take the first roll and hoped his luck wouldn’t fail him.

“Let us begin. We shall see whose purse lightens the most”, he said with a mischievous grin.

His glance fell on the Borderlander brooding in the corner. So many fights in the city of late. Let us hope that one doesn't cause any trouble. He briefly touched his sword as if to remind himself that it was there.

As he started to toss the dice, Lord Tomas noticed that Bale's attention was drawn to the Borderlander. What is the borderlander doing here? Shouldn't he be up north slaying mythical beasts? He better not start any trouble. Lord Tomas gave the borderlander his best haughty look, the look that says Don't mess with a noble. [ooc: intimidation check]

Once the borderlander is suitably cowed, Lord Tomas starts the dice game...

As Ashrem and Lord Tomas diced, it was clear that neither was winning or losing much. The Tairen was more cautious, rarely taking risks but clearly a skilled player of the game; the Ebou Dari had been almost out of coins he was willing to lose more than once before throwing the king two or three times in a row.

"Well done Master Bale!" Lord Tomas speaks with some delight. "It is rare to find such an engaging game outside the circles of the nobility. You have a good touch with the dice."

[ooc: ooh...check out the spiffy picture I found for my sig file. Almost exactly how I pictured Tomas. Thanks to the new WOT Art gallery.]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Re: The Dice Game

Tay-Dor said:
As he started to toss the dice, Lord Tomas noticed that Bale's attention was drawn to the Borderlander. What is the borderlander doing here? Shouldn't he be up north slaying mythical beasts? He better not start any trouble. Lord Tomas gave the borderlander his best haughty look, the look that says Don't mess with a noble. [ooc: intimidation check]

Lord Tomas wasn't much more successful at looking imposing to the Borderlander than the Borderlander had been to him <rolled a 4>. Yuri had fought Trollocs before; some southlander noble wasn't going to scare him.

Last edited:

Tay-Dor

First Post
Re: Re: The Dice Game

drothgery said:

Lord Tomas wasn't much more successful at looking imposing to the Borderlander than the Borderlander hand been to him <rolled a 4>. Yuri had fought Trollocs before; some southlander noble wasn't going to scare him.

ooc: awww...even with my amazing +6, eh? hee hee. Guess I'll have to settle for intimidating commoners. ;)

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
"Yes, a fine game." he said with a genuine grin of amusement. "It is good that we found an inn at all. I've never seen so many bodies packed within a single place. Ebou Dar is never this bad."

Seeing the Borderlander's attempt to look intimidating, Ash flashed a cold grin and pulled his coat back to reveal his blade. (Intimidation)

Burn me; I may not survive a duel with a Borderlander. A good way to loose your head.

Judging the Borderlander's reaction he turned his attention back to Lord Tomas.

Ashrem nodded slightly to indicate the Borderlander. “Do you know him? He doesn’t seem to like us very much, though I do not see anything to denote any allegiance to the Queen.”

Ashrem slid his hand into his coat and gripped his dagger. Blood and ashes! Why does trouble always seem to find me?

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
Seeing the Borderlander's attempt to look intimidating, Ash flashed a cold grin and pulled his coat back to reveal his blade. (Intimidation)

<and finally someone succeeds at an intimidate check; rolled 11 + 8; However, as you're not talking to each other, or trying to get anything from each other, this doesn't have much effect>

Remove ads