• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WoT Message Board Game - Prologue

drothgery

First Post
<there are a number of effects in the novels that there don't seem to be complentary weaves for; some are things that I think the designers just thought were too simple to bother with, while others seem to be things that they thought were too powerful>

"Watch closely. See if you catch it this time." Lila says, then picks up one of Sirsei's bags with the Power.

<Sirsei failed her weavesight check; it's going to take a few more tries, as it's difficult for Sirsei to learn a pure Air weave; Lila will also teach Shalimar one weave over the course of the trip to Caemlyn, though she'll have to figure out something Lila knows, Lila will teach her, Shalimar wants to know, and Shalimar can weave.>

Last edited:

"Lila Sedai, I have seen some Aes Sedai create light in the Library to better see the books they were researching. I know that there was air involved, and possibly fire, but I did not see how they were woven together. It would have been poor manners to ask them to show me. I quite believe Liandrin Sedai would have sent me to the kitchens for the rest of my life, even after I got the shawl. Will you show me how to create light? I would be forever greatful."

drothgery

First Post
Lila sniffs. "Liandrin was an Accepted when I was a novice." She said, as if that explained a lot. "But if you wish to make a light, you weave Air and Fire like so."

She extened her hand, and small, glowing sphere appeared there, holding it for the Accepted to look at.

<Shalimar succeeded on her weavesight check, which was somewhat easier than Sirsei's, because Shalimar has Air affinity.>

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei shrugs good-naturedly, "I suppose I shall have to try again later, if you would be willing to show me whn you have time, Lila Sedai. There are advantages and disadvantages to one's own strengths and weaknesses."

Shalimar concentrates on opening herself to saidar. She is able to do it with ease. She watches Lila sedai raise her glowing hand, she sees the weaves come together. "I believe I understand, is this how it is done?" She concentrates on a strand of flame and the strands of air form around it easily with little thought.

The light it creates is not very strong, barely half of what Lila Sedai created, and it disappears when Shalimar gives a startled laugh. "I...Thank you Lila Sedai that was very kind of you. It should prove very useful."

She smiles at Lila in thanks, and takes the still steaming mug that Lila Sedai warmed and places the herb in it to steep. After a moment she pulled it out, and drank the already cooling tea. "Thank you for warming this Aes Sedai, it should settle my stomach, and make this trip bearable."

drothgery

First Post
That was the way of the trip down the river. Lila would spend an hour or two every day teaching them, whether about ter'angreal or the War of the Power or the history of Andor. Sirsei eventually figured out the weave that Lila had been trying to show her earlier.

For hours every day, the Aes Sedai would disappear into her cabin, alone, but if the Accepted knocked on her door it looked like she was doing nothing more than reading some obscure tome. And whatever she was nervous about, it was still bothering her. About the only times it faded were when she was teaching the accepted, and when she was talking with her uncle, the captain.

And so it was that a little over a week later, they found themselves in Aringail, on the border between Andor and Cairhein.

Shalimar went about saddling Dapple with great exuberance. Even if this was work for a groom, oor a peasant, it still meant that she would be leaving the boat.

She rubbed dapples nose idily when she was finished, patting her, and giving her a carrot. she muttered, "I at least think you have perfectly good legs, I will try not to put you through this again." She reflected back on how dapple had been with her snce she had left for the tower. Dapple was all she had from her father to remember her by.

She patted her once more before turning to gaze serenly at the boat waiting for the others to get off. She had been the first one of the bloody thing, so she knew she would have to wait a bit but she did not mind so long as she was not going up and down.

Last edited:

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei follows Shalimar's example, watching Shalimar very closely. When Sirsei first puts the saddle on Mitora, it's backwards, but then she realizes her mistake and corrects it.

She waits for Shalimar to finish before she tries anything else. The mare is gentle, taking Sirsei's fumbling in stride. Sirsei finally huffs and gives up when the saddle is resting on Mitora's side instead of her back.

She glances over at Shalimar sheepishly, "Umm, Shalimar, could you show me how this works? I usually rode in a wagon."

"Of course, this is what friends are for." Shalimar walks over to the mare, and rubs her neck. She takes the saddle out of Sirsei's hands and places it on the mare, "this goes here, and that strap goes there. its not very complicated...but I can see how it might be difficult if you have not done it before." she added that last part in a rush in order to avoid hurting her friends feelings, Browns always did take not knowing things roughly, and there was no knowing how Sirsei would have taken it. She pats the beautiful mare's mane. "Here you go love, isn't this better?"
She gives the Mare one last pat before going to see if she will need to saddle Lila Sedai's horse.
"They are so beautiful, when they run it is as if they are the nobles and we are the simple commoners." She smiles fondly at Dapple. Before going t find Lila Sedai.

drothgery

First Post
One of the deckhands handed Lila the reins to her mare when you found her. It looks like the Blue Crane is planning a short stay in town, if mainly to restock its supplies; the Captain walked by his niece to say goodbye.

"I hope you are here, or father is, when I return to Tar Valon. I see mother in the city occasionally, but I never know when you are in port." Lila tells him.

"That's a trader's life, Lila." He tells her. "But good luck in whatever it is that you're up two, and don't let those two girls get into too much trouble." He smiles at the last.

"I love you, too, uncle."

The two Accepted were almost sure that the Aes Sedai skipped a step when they walked by a bookbinder's shop, but she led them to an inn, and arranged for two rooms for them.

"There are some things I need to take care of; please stay at this inn until I return. I've paid for your meals already." She told them, going out.

In the common room, Jain saw two young women come downstairs. One of them, a tall Domani girl, was completely unfamiliar to him, though more than pretty. But if he wasn't seeing things, the Shienaran was Lord Shiawase's daughter. He hadn't seen her since she was fifteen.

Remove ads