• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WoT Message Board Game - Prologue

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei wrinkles her nose and turns away from Shalimar, "Ewww. I don't know how long, but if you're going to do that, maybe I'd better go outside. If I have to smell your vomit, I'll end up over the champer pot too. Have you never been on a ship before?"

"No I have never been on a boat, When we started towards Tar valon we were very far to the south of Fal Moran, so it would have been out of the way to go on the river. Does this boat HAVE to rock like this?" Shalimar makes a discusted grimace at the boat and begins to rummage in her pack for her herbs.
"I will be fine if i can make some tea, I have a herb in my healers bag that settles the stomach, I just need some hot water. Could you heat some for me, I am not quite calm enough to."

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei looks around the cabin for a cup and for water, perhaps in a pitcher, if there is one. "I'm not sure channeling fire on a wooden boat in a closed cabin is the best of ideas. I don't suppose the tea can be made cold? Or perhaps you could just chew the herbs? I've heard that helps sometimes as well."

"I suppouse you are right, I doubt Lila Sedai would be appreciative of a swim." She laughs at that until she looks out the porthole and sees the rocking motion. Shalimar grimaces, " Maybe A walk on deck might sooth my stomach." She stands up to leave the cabin and falls back down as the boat rocks again. "or not."
"Wake me if we ever get off this flaming boat. Sorry about the curse, it just kinda slipped out." She lies down on the pallet and pulls the quilt over her head muttering some curses that could make a soldier blush.

drothgery

First Post
A few hours later, Lila Sedai gave a perfunctury knock on the door before coming in.

"Is she ill, or just seasick? There's nothing to do about the latter." Lila asked Sirsei. "Before I came to the Tower, I always begged my parents to let me go along with father on the White Crane, or uncle Chin on this ship. That's how the Sisters noticed me; an Aes Sedai took passage from Aringail back to Tar Valon on father's ship, and noticed the spark in the girl with him. It's hard to believe that was eight years ago."

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei stands and curtseys, "Just seasick, Lila Sedai. " She listens politely to Lila's short story, "Well, then you are very lucky you were on the ship with the Aes Sedai at the time. If my mother hadn't known the signs... "

She shakes her head, "Can I be of assistance, Lila Sedai?"

Upon hearing Lila Sedai's voice Shalimar sits up. "Lila Sedai, does it have to boat, I am sure this boat is one of the best, but the rocking is upsetting my stomach. We have horses and we can... no I geuss we cannot." She smoothes her dress down for a moment before looking at Lila, "Lila Sedai, what are we, I mean may I ask why we are going to Camelyn? And how long will we be on this boat?"

drothgery

First Post
Lila half-smiles. "We should reach Aringail in a little over a week, and then it's another week's ride to Caemlyn. Much faster than riding the whole way. Besides, I hadn't seen my uncle in years."

"Maybe if I were thinking about something besides the boat it might nt be so bad. I know that Sirsei and myself as accepted are to choose our own studies, and because you are Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah, could you tell us about Shadowspawn, or Camelyn, or anything besides this boat?"

drothgery

First Post
"I have never been to the Borderlands, and am of the Brown Ajah, not the Green; I suspect that a daughter of a Sheinaran noble house knows as much as I about Trollocs and Myrddraal, at least when it comes to practical things. And as for how the Forsaken made them..." She stops for a half-second, clearly disturbed by the memory. "I wish I had never found the little I know of that."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads