• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WoT Message Board Game - Prologue

"Actually, my father was very unthinking on the matter of shadowspawn, he forbade anyone from telling me about them, to protect me from the shock I suppouse and we did not have any books on them either. How about something else then? please? anything, you surely know more then I, you are Aes Sedai after all. And there is nothing the brown ajah does not know." She says this pleadingly trying to get her mind off the abominable rocking motion and what it is doing to her stomach.
"Could we at least make some tea, I have an herb that will settle my stomach, but Sirsei has pointed out that flames and ships do not mix, do you think it would be all right?"

Last edited:

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei closes her eyes momentarily, "I've studied only a bit about Shadowspawn, and while I do find much of it to be grotesque, I can't agree with you Lila Sedai. Someone must know it and learn it. There is so much we have lost and need to hold onto. When the Forsaken break free, Aes Sedai must be there to light the darkness of ignorance with the flame of knowledge, even if it is only a candle that we now possess, compared to the brilliant sun of the Age of Legends. Everything that we allow to be forgotten is something else that can be used against us by the Drak One and his servantes."

She blushes suddenly, "uhhh," she clears her throat, "Ahem. I apologize. I didn't mean to preach, Lila Sedai. You know this already of course."

She smiles, "But on the topic, perhaps you could teach us a new weave or work with us in our channeling? It would be a wonderful way to pass some of the time. And if we have a week on the ship, my books may not be enough. I'm sure Shalimar agrees that we would be pleased to become Aes Sedai as quickly as possible, learn as much as we can. Though, we could never hope to do so as swiftly as you, Lila Sedai."

She blushes again, embarassed, but doesn't apologize as she glances at Shalimar, "Right?"

"All I want to channel at the moment is to make water for tea. But yes we wish to follow your example Lila Sedai, and we need your aid to match your speed in attaining the shawl."
She blushes, "I should not have said that, it is to full Aes Sedai that that decision passes to, not us. Will you help us to learn more? I am very interested in healing, but the yellows are not very helpful because I have made it known I wish to be green. Can you teach us healing, that surely is always useful."

drothgery

First Post
"If I did not attempt to teach you something on this trip, Sheriam would likely make me wish I were a novice again. She does not expect even you to reach the Shawl as quickly as the Amyrlin did; you two have great potential, and may very well do so, but do not force yourself to it." Lila said. "Still, the first thing I may teach you is that on a ship as big as this one, one does not need the Power to heat water for tea."

Shalimar Blushes, "I suppouse you are going to say that there is a kitchen with a stove? Then I geuss it would be ok to heat water for tea with the power, and it would be a learning experience as well. Would you care for tea?" She brings out her healers kit, rumages through it and finds the root she was looking for. She reaches over to a waterskin and fills a cup with water.
Shalimar calmed herself, going through the steps that she had been drilled in from the time she was a novice. She was a Lily, her petals opening to the light of Saidir. She felt the sweetness and the joy of life enter her. She was one with the light. She tentatively wove strands of fire together to create a very weak flame inside the water(lvl 1 create fire). The flame was extinguished immediatley.
Her face reddens up to the roots of her braids. "That did not work like I expected Lila Sedai, what did I do wrong, can you show me?" Her eyes are downcast and she tries to sink into the bed as if she could disappear in it.

drothgery

First Post
"Did I give you permission to channel, Accepted?" Lila said. "Here, it is not so dangerous, if you do not burn my uncle's ship -- every one on this ship, save you two and perhaps some of the other passangers, was born and raised in Tar Valon. But even in Andor there are those who would go running to the Whiecloaks at the first hint of channeling. If I feel even a hint of saidar from one of you when I am not around, you had better have a very good reason. Still, no one is around, and we are on my uncle's ship, so..."

The glow of saidar enveloped her, and she lifted the kettle with Air and wove the same weave of Fire that Shalimar had tried under it, holding it calm and steady until steam appeared. "You cannot create a flame underwater with the power, no more than you can fly."

<Multiweave, Arms of Air, Create Fire>

-- Note to the guys: I think I'm going to have Jain show up in Aringail, and the others in Caemlyn a day or two before the girls get there; I can't see how you'd run into each other before then. --

"Yes Lila Sedai. I promise not to channel without reason. To Channel only when and where you instruct me to do so. I am sorry." She looks at a second cup, then back to Lila Sedai, "is there anther way to heat it, without using a second weave, I cannot do two yet without bungling the first?"

asking permission is very hard for Shalimar, but she would do more then just ask permission to be able to feel Saidar again, even so soon after releasing it, she felt empty. She is sure that she can hold alot more then what is needed for such a simple task, when done properly, but the Tower is too restrictive on use of the power. Even on Accepted, which are given the right to use it at will, and oversee novices doing it.

It took every ounce of will she could muster not to protest at the restrictions placed on her, but she felt she xould stretch reason far enough that she would not be breaking her word.

Last edited:

Valkys

First Post
Sirsei scrunches her eyebrows, "I recognize the weave to create the flame, but what is that other weave? I think I saw a flow of air. I'm not very good with air, so I haven't been taught that weave yet. The Sisters were so surprised to find a girl with a propensity for Fire that other weaves have been a tad bit neglected."

She frowns, "And that all seems like too much effort. Is there no weave that allows one to heat the water? I remember a class where we talked about a weave that allowed one to warm the air, using flows of Fire and Air. It seems that by analogy, flows of Water and Fire, mixed into the water in the kettle would warm the water."

She sighs frustrated, "However, I don't know the weave to heat air." She looks at Lila, "Have you tried such a thing? Does it work, Lila Sedai? It seems like it would be much better than having to wield two separate weaves."

drothgery

First Post
<there doesn't seem to be anything in the rulebook that would work for a straightforward 'warm something up' weave. Besides, even if there was, it's not on Lila's character sheet.>

Lila looked at Shalimar for half a second, as if deciding whether to rebuke her further. She decided against it, but Lila truly hoped the girl would not have to learn the hard way that the Power did not make you invincible.

"Well, if there is, I do not know it. I have little more skill working with Water than with Fire myself. As for the other, I know the weaving, but I can't do much with it. It's related to working the weather, and I have little Talent there." She said. "Usually, you would just put the kettle on top of something that would not burn, or that you would not mind burning, and create a fire around it. But there is nothing like that in your cabin."

Valkys

First Post
<I know there isn't anything in the rulebook, which I find odd. You'd think there'd be a weave to warm water. I'm almost certain that I can remember an Aes Sedai(Cadsuane maybe?) warming her tea with a weave like that.>

Sirsei nods, "I understand, Lila Sedai. It was merely academic speculation. It seems possible. I shall research the possibility when we return to the Tower. If there isn't already a weave like that, perhaps I can speak with an Aes Sedai talented in such things."

She hesitates, "Could you teach me that air weave? I'd like to try it, if I might."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads