WotC WotC Adds 'Partnered Content' to DnDBeyond--Starting With Critical Role's Tal’dorei Campaign Setting

New 'Partnered Content' area has appeared!

taldorei-cover-art.jpg

One of the promises Wizards of the Coast made in the aftermath of the Open Gaming License 'crisis' back in January was that D&D Beyond would eventually have some kind of third party marketplace. Up until now, only official D&D books from WotC have been available there.

Now, however, there is a section of 'partnered content' -- six titles, including three Critical Role sourcebooks, as well as some older licensed items like the Rick & Morty boxed set and the Minecraft monster tie-in. The latter were already on DDB, but the 'Partnered Content' home for them is new, as is the Tal-'dorei Campaign Setting.

As of now you can pick up Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, Call of the Netherdeep, and the Tal'dorei Campaign Setting Reborn.

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 5.06.04 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 5.08.54 PM.png

While this 'partnered content' is a long way yet from the third-party marketplace mentioned earlier this year (which is likely a a couple of years away), it is notable that third party content is now appearing on the site.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
So, it's not 9 AM yet here on the Pacific Coast. Historically, new content gets uploaded to Beyond based on a preset timer, and then the press release goes out later when someone is at qork to do a final review and hit send.
Shrugs. Sure and I just got an email from DDB. I just thought that they would first announce and then release, but no big deal either way.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Who’s next? Who do you want next?
Adventures in Middle Earth. (Not likely, as it’s a whole different set of classes, and spells, and feats, and magic items, lol)

More realistically, a best-of collection of DMsGuild player options. And Exploring Eberron and its companion book (chronicles of Eberron, Eberron chronicle?)

After that, whatever the team is most excited about. IME, the best products come from people who are excited about them.

Interesting. I would have expected a bit of fanfare for this development. I wonder what will be next. Darrington has already a special relationship, since they have produced several books published by WotC. KP maybe isn't too likely, since the are working on a "competing" 5e. Maybe stuff from DM's Guild?

It would be nice for them to add some of the DMs Guild best sellers, like the Eberron suppliment and the Monster Manual Expanded books...

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
My pie in the sky hope is that they will issue big discount codes or even full vouchers to people who bought the physical book from Darrington, but much more likely is like a 10% off code for all ddb users or soemthing.

Which is still cool.

Interesting. I got the legendary bundle years ago, and get a discount on all books on DDB as a result.

This book, the discount doesn’t apply. I wonder if that’s intentional or not. I’m guessing it is.
I wished I would have gotten the bundle. I didn't think I'd be using Beyond as much as do and now I can't really see going back. It just makes running the game easier for me.

Remove ads

Remove ads