D&D General WotC Asks What Makes YOU Play Dungeons and Dragons?

WotC has a new survey asking about what you want from D&D -- "Extra extra! The D&D team wants to know what makes YOU play Dungeons & Dragons! The open world? Character customization? Shared storytelling with friends? Iconic art? Take our survey and help shape the future of what we're working on at Wzards. Please share to help us spread the word and hear from more fans."...

WotC has a new survey asking about what you want from D&D -- "Extra extra! The D&D team wants to know what makes YOU play Dungeons & Dragons! The open world? Character customization? Shared storytelling with friends? Iconic art? Take our survey and help shape the future of what we're working on at Wzards. Please share to help us spread the word and hear from more fans."

ED9BC80F-FB85-497F-AD09-F7B70348CF57.jpeg

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
I found the "What properties have you played/play" section pretty interesting. Looking at that list (Dark Souls, Shadow of Mordor, Warhammer) made me think it D&D is thinking of pursuing more partnerships with different IPs products like the one they did with Rick and Morty.

I mean, I'd be pretty happy if D&D did an accompanying product for the Elden Ring, or even the world of League of Legends... or hell, hit me with some Breath of the Wild!

And I'm the opposite. I'd rather they focused their creative efforts on putting out updated content for established settings (Dark Sun, Planescape, Spelljammer, etc).

The biggest argument to be made for the different IP's is that it would just continue to expand the potential customer pool and have additional "gateways" in for people to TTRPG.

I'm curious about what other people chose as their favorite sourcebooks of all time. I picked the Ravenloft Campaign Setting (red box) but there are at least 2-3 other 2e books that are also huge contenders for me.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
And I'm the opposite. I'd rather they focused their creative efforts on putting out updated content for established settings (Dark Sun, Planescape, Spelljammer, etc).

The biggest argument to be made for the different IP's is that it would just continue to expand the potential customer pool and have additional "gateways" in for people to TTRPG.

I don't disagree. But I didn't view the "Rick and Morty" product as taking a spot away from a different D&D product, as they seem to consume much less resources. The Acq Inc. one for instance was mostly produced by the folks at Penny Arcade and used an entirely different artist/style than proper D&D 5e.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I'm curious about what other people chose as their favorite sourcebooks of all time. I picked the Ravenloft Campaign Setting (red box) but there are at least 2-3 other 2e books that are also huge contenders for me.
That was difficult for me. I chose Dragonlance: Time of the Dragon. It's a weird, wonderful setting that strayed a bit from the usual Euro-centricism cliche.

gyor

Legend
Very cool survey, hope that helps them make plans.

Interesting things to note:

- for "favorite D&D setting", Tal'Dorei/Exandria was an option.

- for "favorite Class", Warlord and Blood Hunter were options.

Yeah Blood Hunter was really a surprise, could they be planning on making it official? And Maybe Warlord. I picked Sorcerer, Blood Hunter (more because it'd be neat if it became an official class), and Psion, because I like Mike Mearls happy hour version.

I also picked Tal'Dorei/Exandria more for the newness. Isn't Exandria now an official setting for D&D now that it was mentioned in BG: DiA?

gyor

Legend
I found the "What properties have you played/play" section pretty interesting. Looking at that list (Dark Souls, Shadow of Mordor, Warhammer) made me think it D&D is thinking of pursuing more partnerships with different IPs products like the one they did with Rick and Morty.

I mean, I'd be pretty happy if D&D did an accompanying product for the Elden Ring, or even the world of League of Legends... or hell, hit me with some Breath of the Wild!

Witcher and Fallout were on that list, both of which already have TTRPG versions.

Remove ads

Remove ads