D&D General WotC Asks What Makes YOU Play Dungeons and Dragons?

WotC has a new survey asking about what you want from D&D -- "Extra extra! The D&D team wants to know what makes YOU play Dungeons & Dragons! The open world? Character customization? Shared storytelling with friends? Iconic art? Take our survey and help shape the future of what we're working on at Wzards. Please share to help us spread the word and hear from more fans."

ED9BC80F-FB85-497F-AD09-F7B70348CF57.jpeg

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I got it at 98%, and it was the last one.

I far prefer surveys where you get to see all the questions rather than get steered down paths like a choose-your-own-adventure book All they need to do is give every question a "Not applicable to me" answer option.

While I tend to agree, I'm kind of glad they didn't require me to fill out any more answers than they already did on this super long survey

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I'm curious about what other people chose as their favorite sourcebooks of all time. I picked the Ravenloft Campaign Setting (red box) but there are at least 2-3 other 2e books that are also huge contenders for me.
I put the 2E (system neutral really) World Builder's Guide - as I love using random tables to make my own locations and settings. (I have expanded on the tables in there over the years ;)).

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I did get to tell them that Time of the Dragon (1989, Zeb Cook) was the greatest D&D setting of all time though, so there is that. I may possibly be the only person on the planet with this opinion but I suspect that is in large part because maybe only five other people ever played Taladas.

Please keep the language “grandma friendly”.
I loved Taladas. I inherited the box set etc from a friend that no longer plays. I love what they did to make the races unique.

gyor

Legend
So, what does that look like? Sounds like it could be awesome?

I donated to the Kickstarter, but it's not related released yeah. It's basically a group of books, Arcana of the Ancients is the main books, but there are a bunch of others that are coming with it. I'll look up the books.

District31

Villager
I was also already 98% done by that page. It's most likely in a random order on the last page of questions they ask for everyone. The % must take all of the pages in the survey into account, anyone who says "No" to one of the "Do you do X?" questions just skips the page that has questions pertaining to X.

I noticed it went from about 70% to 99% in a single click. It must have had a lot of questions related to various products (which I haven't bought).

der_kluge

Adventurer
I thought some of the questions could have used an "I don't remember option". Like, I was in 6th grade when my oldest sister gifted me the red boxed set. A lot of the details surrounding that were fuzzy. But I loved the books, and the dice, and I play the solo story a lot (always died at the rust monster). Took me until high school playing with other people to "get" how it was supposed to work.

BTW, for favorite sourcebook, I listed the 2nd edition Faiths and Avatars. So much detail. I love the FR pantheon.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases