D&D General WotC Asks What Makes YOU Play Dungeons and Dragons?

WotC has a new survey asking about what you want from D&D -- "Extra extra! The D&D team wants to know what makes YOU play Dungeons & Dragons! The open world? Character customization? Shared storytelling with friends? Iconic art? Take our survey and help shape the future of what we're working on at Wzards. Please share to help us spread the word and hear from more fans."...

WotC has a new survey asking about what you want from D&D -- "Extra extra! The D&D team wants to know what makes YOU play Dungeons & Dragons! The open world? Character customization? Shared storytelling with friends? Iconic art? Take our survey and help shape the future of what we're working on at Wzards. Please share to help us spread the word and hear from more fans."

ED9BC80F-FB85-497F-AD09-F7B70348CF57.jpeg

Yaarel

He Mage
ENWorld is the best newssource for knowing the latest about D&D 5e. Way better than WotC!

Its been this way for years now. I remember vividly looking to ENWorld for the latest hints about the still unveiled 4e. Same for the playtesting for 5e. Now I look to ENWorld for the lastest about what indy publishers are doing for 5e.

ENWorld is reliable. And the forumers are knowledgeable too.

Jay Verkuilen

Grand Master of Artificial Flowers
Well, they aren't necessarily trying to get accurate data to extrapolate on all 100% of D&D players here. The self-selection might be part of the point.

I find it hard to know what value uncontrolled self-selection would have, although it's fairly challenging to identify exactly what the population of D&D players is, given how rapidly it's been changing. Still, color me professionally skeptical of the value of a survey that doesn't have a clear sampling plan and relies on self-selection.

And, frankly, I doubt this is the sole source of market research they are doing.

Most likely not.

I suspect they'll get the kinds of results they're looking for, though.

Fishing for results to confirm one's preconceived notions is generally not a great idea, if that's what they're doing. I suppose this kind of survey might be used to generate ideas for more refined research and it's clearly being used for publicity.

Remove ads

Remove ads