• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Black dragon mini assembly help needed

zyzzyr

First Post
Hello all,

I have recently purchased the black dragon mini from WotC. I am hoping to surprise the players at my table with it.

Unfortunately, it looks like it is beyond my skills to put it together. Has anyone put this beast together yet? I am having problems with the wings, specifically. I figure I can pin the legs, which shouldn't be a problem, but I am completely stuck on doing the wings.

Any help would be appreciated!

frankthedm

First Post
File down the wing tabs so they BOTH dry fit into the dack slot, pin & epoxie the wings into the proper shape the pin & epoxie the wings to the dragon' back slot.

The dragon was VERY poorly cast, the detal was nice but it had far too many flaws.

BTW go down to a craft store & buy your dragon a wooden base so the feet don't get wrecked.

''''''''''___________________
''''''''/___________________\
'''''(_____________________)
''''|______________________|

sorta like the above . a 4" should be about the right size

zyzzyr

First Post
frankthedm said:
File down the wing tabs so they BOTH dry fit into the dack slot, pin & epoxie the wings into the proper shape the pin & epoxie the wings to the dragon' back slot.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Did you pin across the wing tabs, and then once they were pinned and epoxied, pin the wing tabs (in between the tabs, coming outward into the body) to the body?

Does that make sense? Graphically, I mean something as follows:

Code:
-----\
-----\
      |
   o  |
      |
-----/

for step 1, where o is the pin

then for step 2

Code:
|---|---|
|   |   |
|   o   |
|   |   |
|---|---|

where o is the code and we are looking into the epoxied tabs.

That sound right?

thanks,

zyzzyr

frankthedm

First Post
sounds like it would work.

this diofficulty in assemble is the whole reason I am saving the black dragon for my last mini to assemble & paint. This means a lot considering i have over a 1000 minis.

Remove ads